Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E Billing/Usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, found the B&W bill for June
I don't understand. It is showing my NEM charges are positive (I owe), but my generation is almost all going to the grid especially during Peak (-513 kWh)
PGE1.jpg
PGE2.jpg

I guess it wasn't as obvious to me since I don't have an EV haha. So basically EV charging is over 50% of your monthly household energy use once you get an EV? I oversized my solar array by 20% in anticipation of a future EV... but now I think that's not enough to be net neutral. Oh wells.

It really depends on how much you drive...everybody's going to have a different situation.

Bruce.

ok, found the B&W bill for June
I don't understand. It is showing my NEM charges are positive (I owe), but my generation is almost all going to the grid especially during Peak (-513 kWh) View attachment 568159 View attachment 568160
Something is definitely amiss. The first page shows net usage of +495kWh and the second page shows net usage of -793kWh for the same billing period.

glad you agree. I downloaded the latest one which goes to July 21 and it is the same thing.
-550 kWh but cost is $150. with 657 kWh used

Guess I wait on hold with Cust Serv tomorrow
You should look at the page with the table labeled "Current Month Meter Information". Mine is Page 3, posted up-thread. That will show the meter total kWh while drawing from the grid and a total for exports. It will also show in another table the net usage during each rate period, separated by consumption and export. Compare that to the tables you already showed.

The other question is whether you have a NGOM (second meter measuring production). I've never seen a B&W bill for a customer that has one, but I can imagine that there are a myriad of ways PG&E could mess up the billing.

just got off the call with PG&E (only 15 minute wait time)
They agreed it was wacky and opened a case. Said it will probably take a bill cycle to geet corrected
They will probably end up backing out all your bills since PTO and re-do them. That happened to me on initial Powerwall PTO in 2018. It was the third month when they backed out the non-Powerwall billing, then they sent three months of these black and white bills, then at the first true-up they re-issued the whole thing as "corrected". However, in my case there were no large discrepancies in dollars billed.