Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E Customers with 3 or more PWs: Interconnection NEM2, NEM2-MT, or NEM2-PS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would have had to do that if you added more than 1.0kW of solar, as @miimura said. People on NEM1 who have made no changes to add additional panels are still on it, for the 20 years from when they signed up (unless something completely wipes away all NEM agreements which has not happened.

On that note, to anyone lurking in this thread... please contact your local lawmakers to let them know how you as one of their constituents are against AB 1139... which would wipe out NEM 1.0 and 2.0 grandfathering.

On that note, to anyone lurking in this thread... please contact your local lawmakers to let them know how you as one of their constituents are against AB 1139... which would wipe out NEM 1.0 and 2.0 grandfathering.

with the class warfare going on now, this is what folks want, stick it to what they think are the "rich" folks. Man, If I end up with 30K of solar, I would be screwed if something like this passed. It would be I never should have put on.

I still do not understand how first forcing extra cost on new homes with solar, and then sticking it to them again by saying now we are going to charge you for the panels we forced you to put on. I must be missing something.

You get your PGE ICF approval yet? I was told 10 business days they have to do something?

with the class warfare going on now, this is what folks want, stick it to what they think are the "rich" folks. Man, If I end up with 30K of solar, I would be screwed if something like this passed. It would be I never should have put on.

I still do not understand how first forcing extra cost on new homes with solar, and then sticking it to them again by saying now we are going to charge you for the panels we forced you to put on. I must be missing something.

You get your PGE ICF approval yet? I was told 10 business days they have to do something?

Also, consider that most building contractors partner with a single installer for the solar-ready new construction home. So the homeowner isn't necessarily free to pick whoever they want to do their solar install if they want the value of the solar to be bundled in the base mortgage. Most new homeowners are going to be spending on furniture, furnishings, and other home stuff instead of finding a way to pay for solar with cash or get additional financing to add a new solar array.

I was told I'd hear back from PG&E about the ICF within 10 business days of April 21, 2021. It's now May 24, and I haven't heard anything.

I really think you'll get your money before me even though my system was up on my roof in November 2020 lol.

Also, consider that most building contractors partner with a single installer for the solar-ready new construction home. So the homeowner isn't necessarily free to pick whoever they want to do their solar install if they want the value of the solar to be bundled in the base mortgage. Most new homeowners are going to be spending on furniture, furnishings, and other home stuff instead of finding a way to pay for solar with cash or get additional financing to add a new solar array.

I was told I'd hear back from PG&E about the ICF within 10 business days of April 21, 2021. It's now May 24, and I haven't heard anything.

I really think you'll get your money before me even though my system was up on my roof in November 2020 lol.
Not encouraging if you have not heard back yet.

Not encouraging if you have not heard back yet.

It gets worse, here's the email error I get when I attempted to contact them.

1621884651381.png

It gets worse, here's the email error I get when I attempted to contact them.

View attachment 665690
My ICF timeline:

Confirmed Reservation Letter: 3/16/2021
ICF Submitted: 3/24/2021
Request for 7 day discharge data: 3/30/2021
Installer Requested Report from Tesla: 3/30/2021
Tesla Replied with Report: 4/8/2021
Revised ICF Received: 4/9/2021
ICF Inspection: 4/30/2021
ICF Approval: 5/17/2021

My timeline (excluding the myriad stupid delays in 2020 and early 2021) goes like...

Confirmed Reservation Letter: 4/1/2021
ICF Submitted: 4/8/2021
Request for 7 day discharge data: 4/14/2021
Installer Requested Report from Tesla: 4/16/2021
Sunrun Replied with Discharge Report: 4/20/2021
ICF Inspection conducted by AESC: 4/20/2021
Revised ICF Received: 4/21/2021
ICF Approval: ---------------

Reactions: h2ofun
My timeline (excluding the myriad stupid delays in 2020 and early 2021) goes like...

Almost there my friend. Keep the faith!

You still have heard nothing?

You still have heard nothing?

Crickets. Sunrun said the application was still in review and to just wait a few more weeks. They are aware that technically the review should have been done and technically I'm approaching the 40th business day cutoff where this gets sent back to square zero. But the PG&E SGIP team isn't responding to Sunrun either.

1622678294961.png

Got an email today that says the check has been generated...

"The check's in the mail.." sure sure PG&E ;)

I hope PG&E rolls another truck and personally hand delivers the SGIP check to me.

Who am I kidding; they will probably reject my application citing Sunrun used the wrong font style and didn't include a TPS report. Then the PG&E guy is going to throw a rock through my window with a picture of rick astley taped to it giving me the finger.

I hope PG&E rolls another truck and personally hand delivers the SGIP check to me.

Who am I kidding; they will probably reject my application citing Sunrun used the wrong font style and didn't include a TPS report. Then the PG&E guy is going to throw a rock through my window with a picture of rick astley taped to it giving me the finger.
i think they might roll a truck and personally deliver something to you .. i fear it will not be a check 🤣

My ICF timeline:

"Check is in the mail" email - 6/3/2021"

Check is in my hands! - 6/8/2021

I signed my SGIP application on 9/27/2019... big sigh of relief on this end!

My ICF timeline:

"Check is in the mail" email - 6/3/2021"

Check is in my hands! - 6/8/2021

I signed my SGIP application on 9/27/2019... big sigh of relief on this end!
Congrads. I am still in waiting mode to get back ICF approval.

FWIW, there's an SGIP webinar on June 18. I'll be dialing in to ask the status of my application since they stopped responding to Sunrun and myself through normal channels.

Dear SGIP Stakeholders,

The SGIP Program Administrators (PAs) are hosting the Q2 2021 Quarterly Workshop via Microsoft Teams.
All stakeholders are invited to attend online.

• WHEN: Friday, June 18, 2021; 9:00am – 1:00pm (estimated)
• WHERE: Microsoft Teams Webinar
• WHO: All SGIP stakeholders

Current Proposed Agenda Topics:
• Program Metrics Update
• Equipment Approval Process
• Regulatory Updates
• Database Updates
• Streamlining Report

To ensure a robust agenda with relevant topics, the SGIP PAs would like to hear from stakeholders on
potential discussion topics to be added to the agenda. Please contact one of the PAs listed below with your
requests and the PAs will do their best to address your questions.

Southern California Edison (SCE)
[email protected]

Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)
[email protected]

Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE)
[email protected]

SoCalGas
[email protected]

The link to the Microsoft Teams Meeting, with the agenda, will be sent out prior to the meeting.

We look forward to you participating in the Workshop!