TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PG&E E-9B Bill

Discussion in 'California' started by pimp-boy, Jun 5, 2013.

1. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

I installed a separate metered panel and outlet for my HWPC on March 30th and got it finaled on April 17th. From April 17th to now, I have been charging the hell out of it for my 85 KW battery. The electric meter was originally Zero (since it was new), and now reads over 1,300 KW... and counting. I have not received a bill at all.

For those on the E-9B rate and installed a new meter, how long did it take you to receive your bill? I don't want to end up with one large fat bill. It's been over 2 - 2.5 months of usage. My regular bill that is on E-1 comes every month. If PG&E forgot to bill or create an account, I'm not going to complain either. :p

2. nolngrgrsngslde

How many miles did you drive to get the 1300 KW?

I have TED installed on the Car circuit, and while the car says i am using about 350 Watts per mile, TED says i am using closer to 450 watts per mile. Here in Maryland, i am paying about 11 cents a KW including taxes.

I probably should collect more data but that is all i have for now.

carcharge.PNG

3. Ampster

Ampster Member

Some of the differences are probably losses through the onboard charger and some of that is the inaccuracies of the measuring devices like TED.

4. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

The other trick is that the car's reported 350/mile is for driving only. Vampire losses or any use while standing still is not counted.

5. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

Have over 5,950 miles and home electric meter says 1,900 kw. This doesn't include 3 supercharger uses and a couple public charge point charges.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Some people say "AC wh/mi" compared to "DC wh/mi" to differentiate "wall to wheel" efficiency compared to "only within the car" drive efficiency from the pack.
    (In other words factoring in charging losses or not.)

7. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

My new meter went in late February. And I just got the first correct full bill...

8. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

Hi Ken, if you don't mind me asking, how many miles do you have on your Model S and how much was it? Just a rough gauge of what to expect when they bill me. Do you also charge mostly at the offpeak times? Thanks for your help.

9. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I've posted this in another thread today, but I'll include this here too... I don't have an accurate mileage record, but I'd say this was about 1,700-1,800 miles. My wife commutes 70-miles a day and we do some weekend driving.

YeezrFo.png

10. derekt75

derekt75 Member

If you use a noticeable amount of power at > $0.15/kWh, you might want to look into solar. especially if you're on a time of use plan and can sell PG&E power at the day rate and buy PG&E power at the night rate.