Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E EVA2 Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After two months charging on a normal plan, I finally got switched over to EVA2 for off peak charging while the family has been careful about energy usage during peak hours...and my bill increased about $30.

Well that's how it works after all. Also, $30 is a rounding error on an electric bill.

A/C, lights, TV and computers during the peak period? Maybe in colder weather it will shift in your favor.

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna and Rocky_H
Considering where you are and the time of year, I would guess you're running A/C in the house during the day. That will probably offset a lot of the charging savings.

Also, are you charging only during the lowest rate? When I looked at what PG&E considers prime charging time, it was a shorter window than I would have expected. In any event, you probably have to charge for more than a couple of hours every night to realize significant savings, especially while everyone is still working/learning remotely and using electricity during the day. I know I wouldn't be driving enough right now to make that happen.

Well that's how it works after all. Also, $30 is a rounding error on an electric bill.
Not a rounding error for me.

One of my recent (not my most recent horrifically high bill due to wildfires and being forced to run a "portable AC" unit on some days) that covered 7/13/20 to 8/11/20 was $84.97 for the electric portion via Pacific Gouge & Extort. A $30 increase is about a 35% increase which is WAY more than a rounding error for me. I almost never charge my EVs at home and had to switch away from E-6 (is TOU) due to WFH now due to COVID-19.

I used ~317 kWh that month and am on E-1.

I have a bill in front of me covering 4/15/19 to 5/13/19 while I was still on E-6. The electric portion was $49.25 for the ~234 kWh I used. So, adding $30 from that would == skyrocket in my book.

Last edited: