Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E Green Meter Adapter with Powerwalls?

slcasner

Feb 20, 2011
Sunnyvale, CA
Sounds like the interior location may be a winner, there are no restrictions that I can think of since you can shut down all sources of power from the outside just fine. The only restrictions I can think of are working space issues, make sure the panel has 30" wide x 36" deep clear working space for inspection time. Subpanels can go in bedrooms no problem from a code perspective..
I'm afraid where I wrote "master bathroom" you misread "master bedroom". Section 240.24(E) says overcurrent devices cannot be located in bathrooms. I need to figure out some solution that works on the outside wall.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC