Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E Net electric charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

getakey

Jan 28, 2020
I'm on a NEM rate schedule with PG&E. My normal monthly electrical charge is ~$10. for the grid connection fee. The rest either credit or amount due is pushed to the annual true-up. However, this month they are showing an $80. net charge. My net usage was negative and the NBCs are also pushed to the annual bill.
How did this happen? There's no explanation on the bill

Did the rate change? NEM is a tariff that describes the net metering billing process. The actual rates are separate. There has been a transition to TOU rates from tiered rates. The name of the rate is usually near the top of your bill.
Even if the rate changed, it should go towards my annual true-up not my monthly charge. I did not receive any notice about a change to the monthly connection fee

I'm on a NEM rate schedule with PG&E. My normal monthly electrical charge is ~$10. for the grid connection fee. The rest either credit or amount due is pushed to the annual true-up. However, this month they are showing an $80. net charge. My net usage was negative and the NBCs are also pushed to the annual bill.
How did this happen? There's no explanation on the bill
call pge. they have been great answering questions

I forgot I can access the B&W bill online. So, I'm trying to make sense of the charges. I sized my PV before I got PWs. This will show what a big difference PWs can make in the NEM charges. My last true-up without PWs was around $200. with the NBCs. Now my cumulative NEM charges are -$927.
But I cannot figure out how they got to a net charge of $80. Where does that $70. come from? I pay the minimum charge every month, so I see the $.9.86 for this month, but where is the $70.33?

And, how did the NBCs factor in? Did something reduce the NBCs from $191. to $70.? I'm not a net Producer. That shows $0.

Attachments

• 2021 True up summary.png
    2021 True up summary.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 93