Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E Rate Plan Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just recently purchased a Model 3 Performance and need to some help finding the best PG&E rate.We are currently at 22 cents a KWH. What’s the best rate program to sign up for? We’ve been charging after midnight and our bill almost doubled

We just recently purchased a Model 3 Performance and need to some help finding the best PG&E rate.We are currently at 22 cents a KWH. What’s the best rate program to sign up for? We’ve been charging after midnight and our bill almost doubled
You should post this question in the battery and charging forum. Check PG&E website for info on Time of Use plans. For example I pay $.09 per Kwh overnight from SDG&E. Usually the website will have a calculator to help you figure out which plan is best for you. $.22 not too bad though...mine was $.26 before switching to TOU.

You should post this question in the battery and charging forum. Check PG&E website for info on Time of Use plans. For example I pay $.09 per Kwh overnight from SDG&E. Usually the website will have a calculator to help you figure out which plan is best for you. $.22 not too bad though...mine was $.26 before switching to TOU.
No, this is a great place to ask this question.

If you don't have solar, the new EV2-A plan is probably going to be the cheapest for you unless you live in an area that requires you to use a lot of air conditioning. Log in to your PG&E account and see if it will give you a comparison. However, the fact that you have only had the car for a short time will probably skew the results.

Reactions: cwerdna
OP: Can you change your location? It says Illinois but if you're asking about PG&E, I'm guessing you're no longer there.

Rate Plan Options lists your plan choices.

PG&E's account section is down right now so I can't even access my account. Once logged in w/your account, there should a yellow compare button on the right that will estimate what your bills would be, given your current usage patterns if you switched to other plans. (I'm on E-6 but am told than EV2-A will surprisingly be cheaper. I almost never charge my EV at home. I've literally put a few kWh (under 15) in my '19 Bolt bought at end of Jan 2019 a few months ago by charging at home. I think that it's for home EV charging this year, so far. Almost all of my charging is for free at work and the rest is via a bit of free public charging.)