Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E rebate denied. Waiting for CA rebate status (55 day wait). Federal form still not out yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm usually pretty on the ball about applying for rebates. Today was the first response I got from PG&E:

VIN was not approved because your application did not include the appropriate vehicle registration documentation.

Possible issues may include:

• No attachment submitted with your application.
  • The submitted documentation was not a valid vehicle registration card or a vehicle purchase/lease contract (for recent vehicle purchases only).
  • The submitted documentation was not legible.
  • The submitted documentation was not complete or valid.
  • For purchase/lease contracts, the document was not signed.

I've been on hold for about an hour and can't get a response. They want some bs overlap of a 7 page document, so I took pages 2-3 with signatures on it, and 25 days later, they denied it. I have a temp registration but its not valid for them. My SA said it takes 30-90 days to get registration. Anyone else deal with this?

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
You know it helps if you actually read the requirements for the rebates. You would save a lot of time spent waiting on hold.

I have a temp registration but its not valid for them.

That's your problem. You need permanent registration and plates.

It's pretty clear on the PG&E website, they will not take temporary registration. Edison was the same.
Untitled 2.png

• Love
Reactions: tvad and ucmndd
You know it helps if you actually read the requirements for the rebates. You would save a lot of time spent waiting on hold.

That's your problem. You need permanent registration and plates.

It's pretty clear on the PG&E website, they will not take temporary registration. Edison was the same.
View attachment 504928
What helped was waiting for an hour and finally getting thru. They accept registration, or the purchase/finance agreement which I uploaded. The rep I talked to had to escalate it and I have to wait to hear back again.

If you actually read the application process on the next page, it gives you two options:
ATTACH VEHICLE DOCUMENTATION*Choose an option.Vehicle Registration Card is preferred. PDF, JPG or PNG formats. Maximum combined file size 25MB. File name must be less than 250 characters.

CA issued Vehicle Registration Card.
Temporary Registration Card is not valid documentation.

Purchase/Lease Contract
Acceptable only when Vehicle Registration Card has not been received.

Last edited:
I had similar problems and I talked at length with PGE. They are still in the 19th century and basically won't accept the Tesla purchase agreement in lieu of permanent registration because it has a digital signature rather than a "real" signature.

You basically have to wait for your real registration