Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PGE: TOU rate, 4pm to 9pm - good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replacement of those 310w now will likely be a loser in the overall financial calculation. Adding some very flat at 5 degrees from horizontal might be a better idea if its not in a place you see much of.

Likely the next best solutions have to do with limiting usage in that 4-9 period. Pre-cool ahead of time, delay laundry and dishes until after 9pm. Perhaps some timers could serve to change usage patterns. I plan on putting my well pump on a timer to basically lock it out between 3-9 PM. Since the well otherwise just fills a large 5000 gallon catchment tank, it can wait all day before actually cycling. We have a secondary pump which supplies pressure and I wont touch that one.

Agree grid charging through fooling the app sucks. Tesla needs to step up here and give us more options, including allowing charging cars when there is excess production on grid and full batteries, but off peak hours.

Reactions: BGbreeder
...I plan on putting my well pump on a timer to basically lock it out between 3-9 PM. Since the well otherwise just fills a large 5000 gallon catchment tank, it can wait all day before actually cycling....

Just out of curiosity, are you locking out the float valve circuit with a 24 hour timer? If so, do you know of one that has a battery backup for the time so outages don't require you to troop over to the well head to reset the time? (Which is my issue...)

All the best,

BG

Just out of curiosity, are you locking out the float valve circuit with a 24 hour timer? If so, do you know of one that has a battery backup for the time so outages don't require you to troop over to the well head to reset the time? (Which is my issue...)

All the best,

BG

In my case since I am on ER, the well is the item I want to always run. I am simply going to turn off the feed to the pump each day between the hours specified.

Here's what you may want for a timer: Intermatic 30 Amp 240-Volt DPST Electronic Water Heater Time Switch-EH40 - The Home Depot