Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Battery Drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Stats app says my phantom drain is 0.5 km/hr, around 0-3 degrees here at night, 5-7 degrees in the day. No sentry mode
But what app are you using to monitor this and is that periodically waking up the MY to get data, and causing a lot of that extra drain? Sometimes the act of measuring can make it worse, not letting the MY go to sleep and conserve energy. I tried TeslaFi and never signed up after the trial period was over, could never get it dialed in correctly, it was causing the extra drain I was measuring. Since I got rid of it, no more drain.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
My Stats app says my phantom drain is 0.5 km/hr, around 0-3 degrees here at night, 5-7 degrees in the day. No sentry mode

I stopped using the Stats app because it was keeping the car awake (the 12V battery monitor made the problem very obvious). The developer claimed it wasn't Stats, but no one else had my password. No idea whether it was particular to my car or an incompatibility or a temporary issue, or what. I recommend changing your password and only letting the Tesla app have it for a bit, to see if it fixes your problem. It's not enough to log out of Stats. Have to change the password.

You should expect about 1-2 rated miles per day if the car is sleeping well (asleep for about 22 hours a day).

But what app are you using to monitor this and is that periodically waking up the MY to get data, and causing a lot of that extra drain? Sometimes the act of measuring can make it worse, not letting the MY go to sleep and conserve energy. I tried TeslaFi and never signed up after the trial period was over, could never get it dialed in correctly, it was causing the extra drain I was measuring. Since I got rid of it, no more drain.
Thank you for this. I currently have TeslaFi and will not be signing up for the paid service. The phantom battery drain is quite significant.