Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Battery Drain

Dil100

Nov 19, 2020
Canada
My Model Y battery seems to drain approximately 2Km/hour. The temperature is about 2C(approx 34F). I do have Sentry Mode enabled. Is this normal?

Dil100

Nov 19, 2020
Canada
So I disabled Sentry mode and what a difference. I now only lost about 4Km of range over a 24 hour period at an outside temperature of -3C. Need to mention that the interior temperature of the car is 3C as it is parked in the garage.

Reactions: srlawren

DaveORD

Mar 12, 2020
Chicagoland
My Stats app says my phantom drain is 0.5 km/hr, around 0-3 degrees here at night, 5-7 degrees in the day. No sentry mode
But what app are you using to monitor this and is that periodically waking up the MY to get data, and causing a lot of that extra drain? Sometimes the act of measuring can make it worse, not letting the MY go to sleep and conserve energy. I tried TeslaFi and never signed up after the trial period was over, could never get it dialed in correctly, it was causing the extra drain I was measuring. Since I got rid of it, no more drain.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

drotto25

Sep 22, 2020
NJ
According to Tesla, one of the largest phantom drain is using third party apps that tend to keep the computer on longer, and people checking those apps more than the standard app.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

AlanSubie4Life

Efficiency Obsessed Member
Oct 22, 2018
San Diego
My Stats app says my phantom drain is 0.5 km/hr, around 0-3 degrees here at night, 5-7 degrees in the day. No sentry mode

I stopped using the Stats app because it was keeping the car awake (the 12V battery monitor made the problem very obvious). The developer claimed it wasn't Stats, but no one else had my password. No idea whether it was particular to my car or an incompatibility or a temporary issue, or what. I recommend changing your password and only letting the Tesla app have it for a bit, to see if it fixes your problem. It's not enough to log out of Stats. Have to change the password.

You should expect about 1-2 rated miles per day if the car is sleeping well (asleep for about 22 hours a day).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC