Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom braking fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 6098220A-C278-4E35-86C0-0AE8FB6FADEC.jpeg
    6098220A-C278-4E35-86C0-0AE8FB6FADEC.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 267
It's not fixed.
It won't be fixed until tesla removes speed limit in tiles. And they won't do that.

I don't think that is considered "phantom braking". That is adjusting to bad speed limits.

"Phantom braking" is the act of slowing down for shadows, overpasses, overhanging trees, passing a truck/lorry, etc. That is what I understood is supposed to be fixed in the latest version.

In Europe we call it phantom breaking too. Because tesla stopped showing us wrong speed limits.
Same phenomenon.
Car snaps wrong speed limits from roads far away. It's really bad. Just getting worse every time they update.

Was fine for some weeks. When they had a *sugar* storm in Germany because of a lot of accidents.

Just completed a major road trip, and I can say that .40.8 absolutely doesn't fix phantom braking in any way. But it has also made the harsh braking behavior worse when the car thinks a truck is too close to my lane. That behavior alone is infuriating on major interstates here in the US.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Just completed a major road trip, and I can say that .40.8 absolutely doesn't fix phantom braking in any way. But it has also made the harsh braking behavior worse when the car thinks a truck is too close to my lane. That behavior alone is infuriating on major interstates here in the US.

I just had a phantom braking event yesterday in the same spot/highway I've hit it before, and my car has the latest 40.8 software.

His reference is to the rewrite not the current release we all have. Based on the videos it seems phantom braking is drastically improved however the cars drive like drunk student drivers.

AFAICT the rewrite is compiled into the 2020.40.8.10 builds but not 2020.40.8.0 (current release).

• Disagree
Reactions: boonedocks