Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom braking gone with 2021.44.30.21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a significant problem with this, at least one episode on each leg of my 40 mile round trip to work every single day. Some soft deceleration, a few very hard events. One predictable one was location linked as it occurred at that location regardless of the traffic or lack thereof. Most cases were when I was overtaking a vehicle in the adjacent lane, road clear ahead of me and the adjacent vehicle made no move toward my lane so no threat at all. Since I installed 2021.44.30.21 there have been zero events. I didn't notice at first, then let it run for a while just to make sure it wasn't just luck of the draw coincidence, but it has been long enough that I feel it is real. Sweet!

I had a significant problem with this, at least one episode on each leg of my 40 mile round trip to work every single day. Some soft deceleration, a few very hard events. One predictable one was location linked as it occurred at that location regardless of the traffic or lack thereof. Most cases were when I was overtaking a vehicle in the adjacent lane, road clear ahead of me and the adjacent vehicle made no move toward my lane so no threat at all. Since I installed 2021.44.30.21 there have been zero events. I didn't notice at first, then let it run for a while just to make sure it wasn't just luck of the draw coincidence, but it has been long enough that I feel it is real. Sweet!
Model year?

I'm on NA 2021.44.30.21 (FSD beta 10.10.2) and have noticed a marked improvement on phantom braking as well. I know it's really dependent on lots of factors but the last dozen or so trips, all on FSD beta, have been free from any phantom braking for me.

Reactions: laservet
I received this update about a week ago on my 8-20 MY LR. I drive the same group of roads almost everyday and I haven't had a real phantom braking since. I've one incident where the car slowed about 3-4 MPH, but nothing more severe. Phantom Braking has never a been serious problem for me, but it is definitely not a problem now.

Reactions: laservet
Greetings - I ordered a Model Y in June of 2021 and received the car in September of 2021. The car exhibited mild phantom braking which got much worse around November of 2021. This braking issue presented on two lanes roads where large trucks were approaching from the oncoming lane. In almost every instance, the approaching truck triggered an aggressive braking event. This was severe enough that I needed to stop using cruise and autosteer. However, I would occassionally check to see if the problem was still present. I was surprised to see that as of around April 1, 2022, the problem was gone. I have had no phantom braking triggered by on coming trucks since this time. The car is now a joy to drive in cruise and autosteer when before it was anxiety provoking to say the least.

Reactions: CaseyL and Dennisis
I've also noticed sometime in the last two software updates that phantom braking is gone. Did lot of driving last weekend in rural Minnesota on two lane roads and did have not have a single occurrence. Even had a giant crane that was taking the entire width of the approaching lane go by without a single slow down. Really nice now.

Reactions: CaseyL