Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom destination bug in Trip Chart within Energy app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Musterion

18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″
Jan 10, 2013
M8
I am experiencing a persistent bug in the new Trip Chart tab in the car Energy app, under both 2.2.113 and 2.2.115. The reason I know it is persistent is because it happens every time I set home as the destination and drive home. The symptoms are that the Navigation system itself works fine, giving me reasonable numbers and time/distance predictions (~23 mi commute) all along the trip and up to reaching the destination. But at the end of the trip, Trip Chart shows a "phantom destination" yet to be reached (some 8-10 miles away!) with the the predicted energy line decreasing to meet it. However, Navigation apps separately and correctly signal I reached the destination. At destination, the Trip Chart has a little flag at the current location which gives me my current battery percentage, agreeing with the display on the dash, but that flag in the Trip Chart is now not at the actual destination checkered flag, but only ~2/3 along the trip line, leaving a phantom trip of distance some 30% longer that the actual trip, yet to be completed. So the "expected charge" at destination (far right) shows some much lower battery percentage and is completely meaningless. Also the little box on the bottom of trip chart showing miles completed reads correct, but again is under the "current battery percentage" flag about 2/3 along the green line and nowhere near the checkered flag at phantom destination. Has anyone experienced this? [FYI my commute home on which this bug persistently shows climbs monotonically from sea level to ~3000ft.].

I've seen that exact same thing myself. It was to a specific destination only, but I had to go there several times a few months ago. Each time I would see this exact same thing. No idea as to why.

I'm glad I'm not hallucinating, at least beyond normal. What is the best way to do bug reports now that the Tesla ownership email has been shut down?