Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom drain not happening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
I’m currently deployed overseas at short notice and managed to get the car charged to 69% before I left. It’s in a secure location so left sentry mode off. I’ve checked in every 3-4 days and after 15 days it’s only dropped to 66%. I was under the impression it dropped much more but either way very happy with these figures. Another week or so to go and I recon I’ll still have enough to get home - if not defo to the nearest supercharger.

I’m currently deployed overseas at short notice and managed to get the car charged to 69% before I left. It’s in a secure location so left sentry mode off. I’ve checked in every 3-4 days and after 15 days it’s only dropped to 66%. I was under the impression it dropped much more but either way very happy with these figures. Another week or so to go and I recon I’ll still have enough to get home - if not defo to the nearest supercharger.
I've been experiencing very little phantom drain too!
I only have TeslaFi connected and it hasn't been interrupting the sleep at all which is great.

I have the impression that losses have reduced since I first got the Model 3 (2019), so I imagine there has been some refining of the software control of systems whilst the car is not in use. Is your car plugged in? I'm expecting the answer to be yes because if you have been waking it up every few days that would be expected to introduce some additional losses. If it's plugged in then it will use some shore power to support the waking periods.

Our 2014 car still loses 1 to 2 % over night every night. No sentry mode. No Tesla Fi and not checking it / waking it up with the app. I suspect it is not going to sleep properly (or at all) but as it isn't an issue for a car which is used most days and gets fully charged by surplus PV most days, it isn't a problem and I have not been too concerned about it.

Our 2014 car still loses 1 to 2 % over night every night. No sentry mode. No Tesla Fi and not checking it / waking it up with the app. I suspect it is not going to sleep properly (or at all) but as it isn't an issue for a car which is used most days and gets fully charged by surplus PV most days, it isn't a problem and I have not been too concerned about it.
If it wasn't going to sleep at all you'd expect a lot more loss than that. IIRC my LR loses about 4% overnight if sentry is on. 1-2% sounds about normal (depending on the size of your battery)