Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

phantom drain only at the cottage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am experiencing some significant phantom drain on my new MY (4900 km), but only when I'm at my cottage. At first I thought it was happening when I was plugged into a 110V circuit in my driveway there, but last night it was unplugged and I lost 4% state of charge overnight. I have the Stats app (not a fan, it turns out), but this drain is so great I can see it myself just from the state of charge......the app has just let me see previous days of drain and how they coincided with time at the cottage. It is plugged outside, rather than in an underground garage, and it is closer to me and my phone (and apps) than it is when I'm at home (I'm 20 floors up in an apartment).

Any ideas about why the drain is so great, but only in that location? Any ideas to help?

If you had Sentry Mode turned on this could account for the additional drain. If you have Sentry Mode set to be off at your home location you would not have this amount of drain when the Tesla Mode Y is parked in the garage at your home location. You can set Sentry Mode to exclude Home, Work and Favorites. If you make the Cabin a Favorite location you won't have to remember to turn off Sentry Mode.

Last edited: