Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom drain solved…turned off wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR: Turned off wifi and disabled Bluetooth on phone (when at home) did the trick

A few weeks ago my 2022 model S wasn’t going to sleep for some reason (after return from the body shop after accident repairs). Rebooted multiple times and still battery drain 4-7% overnight and while parked while shopping.

Going crazy but I just decided to turn off wifi and disable Bluetooth on phone (since my garage is below my kitchen and living room as I live in a townhouse). IT WORKED. My Tesla is sleeping all the time per the Tessie app and no longer losing gobs of battery. I only enable wifi when I need to make an update to the software in the car.

YMMV

My 22 Sleeps fine with multiple phones having Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on, on all phones and Wi-Fi on, on the car.

Initially it was in garage under bedroom now it’s in garage next to bedroom.

I have no apps running and I suspect it was your Tessie App or other you experimented with. And sure, if you turn off Wi-Fi you’re essentially turning off all Apps with it.

Change your password and leave the apps out. would probably work just as well. And you don’t have to mess with anything.