Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Drain Worse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I live in California just a good 10 minutes away from the Fremont Factory. Lately it has been cold but my model 3 has been sitting in the garage. What I'm noticing with the latest firmware updates that phantom drain is pretty bad. I have all standby features from the menu disabled, especially summon. I don't even have cabin over heat/ac enabled. Sentry mode is manually turned on only when I'm not parked in the garage (so sentry mode is disabled). I went from 200 miles to 188 in a span of 8 hours. So 12 miles in 8 hours is an insane amount. I have the phone app closed (not on standby) so that it doesn't connect to the car. I do have a keyfob with passive entry . I started noticing this within the last month (at least). This wasn't an issue a few months ago. Anybody having any similar issues and have any insights what could be going on? I'm thinking it's on the software side.

About my car:

VIN number under 5000 so it has hardware 2.5 for autopilot
RWD LONG RANGE (one of the first model 3 produced before dual motor and dual motor performance variants were produced)

Im not having this problem at all.. An average of 1-2 miles lost per day. If I come home on friday and dont plug my car in, over the entire weekend I will lost about 5 miles or so from friday evening to monday morning.

Standard question on if you have now, or at any point in the past ever used ANY third party app. If at any point you used a third party app, even if you dont now, try changing your password.

Also, are you sure your car is not downloading an update? They stay awake when downloading updates (the behavior you are describing is that of a car that is not sleeping).

Side note, looking at your user name, and now I want onigiri....