TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phantom iPhone music play with Firmware 9 (2018.39)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ALLMYNE, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

Apologies up front as I believe this has been discussed a bunch but I could not find anything

It seems when I get into my X now running v9, the music on my phone automatically starts playing in the background
    I can see it playing on the iPhone lock screen however the music in my X is playing another source (streaming or TuneIn)

Any magical idea how to stop this from happening so I don’t have to hit the pause button on my iPhone every time I get in my X?

Also, is this an Apple bug / issue or does this also happen with Android devices?

2. tangent

tangent Member

I just upgraded to Firmware 9 a few days ago, and I notice something funny. Even when I tune in other channels such as radio or Slacker, my iPhone would still automatically play music over bluetooth. The car does not play the bluetooth music, but it is annoying that I have to manually stop the phone from playing. Does it happen to anyone else as well? I wonder if Tesla has a way for us to file firmware bug reports.

3. RRM998

RRM998 Supporting Member

This morning when I got in the car I was getting music from my iPhone. When I was last using the MX, I was streaming from Slacker. I've only seen this happen once so far.

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

My Model S has done this for quite some time, well prior to v9. Short of disabling bluetooth on my iPhone, I don't know how to prevent it.

5. tangent

tangent Member

So I start to wonder if this is iOS 12 issue or FW 9 issue. @Rockster, did it happen before iOS update?

6. tangent

tangent Member

7. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

@tangent .....if I was a guessing man I would say it has to do more with v9 update then iOS 12
    The reason I say this is I was running iOS 12 on v8 and it was fine
    Only until v9 installed did I start seeing the Apple Music screen pop up on lock screen and music start playing automatically

• Informative x 1
  8. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Yes, I’m pretty sure it happened before OS12.

9. Woohoo

Woohoo Member

i thought i was going crazy. having the same issue. it seems when V9 installed, I started seeing the Apple Music screen pop up on my lock screen and my iwatch.

10. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Moderator note: Combined two threads on the same topic.

This thread in the Model S forum might be useful:

iPhone Music Auto Playing

(TL;DR: Turn off Car Play. Have experienced this problem in my Model S but haven't had a chance to try the solution personally.)

Bruce.

• Informative x 1
  11. tangent

tangent Member

I just updated to 2018.40, and I have the same issue.

I notice something funny, if I switch from Phone mode to other source such as Streaming or Radio, the music would pause on my iPhone. But if I walk in the car while it is on Streaming/Radio, my phone would start playing music by itself.

12. tangent

tangent Member

I cannot seem to find the option to turn of Carplay.