Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Phone Connection in the Tesla User Interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so here's a weird, but intermittent issue, that I've run into with my Tesla.

The car will occasionally act like it's connected to a phone call, but the number that it shows as being connected to is my phone number. It won't allow me to hang up by tapping the "hang up" button, nor will it let me switch back to listening to the audio system. It will, however, let me make outgoing phone calls, but after the call is finished, it goes back to acting like it's connected to a phone call.

The only way I've found to deal with it is to restart my phone, after which, it works fine.

FWIW, I'm driving a Tesla Model 3 LR, and my phone is a Samsung running the Android OS.

Any app on your phone that can use a connection might ring through that way looking like a phone call. Stuff like teams, Google Meets, or any and all other applications that you can communicate with that are not the "native to the phone" dialer, if they work at all, will look like your car is on a phone call in the car UI.

• Informative
Reactions: TunaBug
How do you close that app? I don't have a separate app but on my pixel 7 pro, I do have visual voicemail on the phone app itself.

I just hit the icon with 3 vertical bars that lets me scroll through all of the apps that are open on my phone, and then just swipe up to dismiss the app.

If that doesn't work, you could try using the Force Quit option that you can find under the Settings.