Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Start-Up??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three times lately I have stepped into the garage after parking my car there an hour or so previous, and have found the AC to be running and a puddle of water from the condenser indicating the AC had been running for a while. I have had this happen previously when a door is not closed all the way, but in these three instances I checked and all doors have been closed. The fob is no where close to the vehicle and the other fob is stored also out of range. Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?

Happened to me as well about 10 days ago (6.2-2.4.239) car parked in garage with pano open for several hours...I walk in there & I hear the fans running really loud??? I go inside grab the fob, jump in the car & the AC is blasting using shore power. I was going to blame my wife but since it was her birthday week I just left it as another "wacky Tesla thing" & didn't mention anything to her, AC could have been running for hours :cursing:.

Preconditioning off.

This happened to me twice a couple of weeks ago and I have preconditioning turned off. Both times it happened the same day. Got back to my car and music was playing inside and AC running. The car was nice and cool and it was a hot day, so it had been running for a while. Hasn't happened since.

How hot was it ? Was the car charging ?

When charging, the car will actively manage the pack temperature and cool the charger(s).

Don't quote me on this, but if I recall correctly, when not charging and the pack is very hot, it will cool it down to a safe level, including if no shore power is present. (It has to be very warm for the automatic cooling to take place.)

Thanks to all those responding. It was Preconditioning ON. I do not recall turning that on since I do not have anywhere near a regular schedule. Wonder if it could have been turned on by the most recent update? Anyway, situation solved and I appreciate your assistance in this matter. This is a GREAT place for assistance and opinions.