Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom text messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received a text on my Tesla screen from a contact that I have not recently texted or talked to. I had no indication on my phone (pixel 5) of such text and when asking the contact, they confirmed that they did not send anything .

The text message on Tesla feature is still somewhat buggy for me in general, many times I don't get text notifications at all but that is more easily explained as a connection issue. However, this phantom text is strange and more interesting if it originates from the car and not the phone. My guess it is that the phone is sending the notification somehow by mistake. The text is from a contact that I haven't texted to in many months and the message itself is seemingly not part of an old conversation we had or any recent conversation I had with someone else .

I thought it is worth asking to see if anyone else has had this issue.
My Tesla sent me a text from my dead neighbor that I can 100% confirm he never sent me when he was alive. It was a text regarding his old house I never knew about; until I asked his family... About a random text my car played back..... 3 years after he died.

Reactions: RNHurt