Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom ultrasonic obstacle detection

HappyWino

Sep 5, 2019
NorCal, US
I've started noticing that I sometimes get near constant obstacle notifications come from the back left corner of the car. I can be sat in the middle lane of a three lane freeway and it's just going bananas when there is nothing there at all. The closest "obstacle" is the concrete center divide but if that was triggering it then I'd expect the front left to be triggering the same way.

Anybody seen this and attempted to get Tesla to investigate?

eli_

May 14, 2018
Bellevue, WA
A friend had this problem and it turned out one of the sensors had fallen into the inside of the bumper, so it was just flapping around in the breeze in there and bouncing off the sides of the bumper.

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck

HappyWino

Sep 5, 2019
NorCal, US
A friend had this problem and it turned out one of the sensors had fallen into the inside of the bumper, so it was just flapping around in the breeze in there and bouncing off the sides of the bumper.

How did your friend figure that out, or did the service folks figure it out?

Joshan

Jan 8, 2019
Chicago
That is usually how I can tell that I have to clean my cameras. I will start to see the half circles on the front or back corners of the car on the display. A cleaning makes it go away for me.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC