Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom window openings and seat position changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I have had my SR+ for 4 weeks now, in that time I have had a few unusual things happen.
4 times I have gone out to my car and one of the windows is down partially or all the way, once it was the back passenger window was down, twice now for the drivers side window being half way down and once for the front passenger side window down halfway when I went to to drive the car before work and just a few minutes ago it was down halfway, just happened to check the car as it started raining.
I used to think maybe I didn't close them all of the way...not anymore.
And sometimes I've got out of the car and a window is down halfway or so and I didn't touch the button!
Maybe when I exit the car I'm somehow brushing up against one of the window buttons?
Yesterday I wash washing the windows on the outside of the car only and had opened the doors to do this and when my wife got into the car 10 minutes later, the passenger front seat was in the all the way back reclined position.
I don't know what is going on, it's happened too many times for it to be me forgetting to close something and the seat reclining by itself is just bizarre, the seat control is no where near the widow controls at all and I didn't sit in that seat to wash any windows.
Has anybody had anything like this happen and what did you find out and how did you fix it?
I am now worried that at night one of the windows will open by itself and someone will come along and help themselves to get into my car, I never leave anything in the car so I'm not worried about anything getting taken, just the thought of my car being open is not OK.
Other than a rattle in my front door, due to be replaced next week by mobile service, the car is great.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reactions: qman66
Mine (Model Y) is doing it now. I close the right rear with my app and it RE opens within 15 seconds on its own. It doesn't open fully, just a crack. I've submitted an appointment to have TESLA check it out.

I'll add that this is a new activity since 2020.48.10

Update: I manually tried to close the window in the car and it still bounces down. Tried closing the door but the issue persists.

Last edited:
I just found a "how to" about this problem. They said to
"- close the affected door
- from the drivers seat close the affected window until it stops
- from the drivers seat open the affected window until it stops"

Apparently this recalibrated the window and corrects the problem.

My window dropped 5 seconds after closing it and now after re-calibrating, so far is staying closed.

I'll keep an eye on this and if this solves my problem I'll cancel my TESLA visit.

Might be worth re-calibrating all the windows every once and a while.