Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phase 3 done and I'm a happy camper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Phase 1 was fresh off the assembly line: Jaeger looked like this:

561CDFCD-A715-4BF3-BCFE-BE2D6EA3ACDD.jpg

Phase 2: Chrome deletion, Xpel Ultimate, Opticoat Pro +, and had the wheels treated. Now he looked like this: Loved it but couldn't wait for the tint.

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

Phase 3: Photosync on all windows and I'm really loving how it came out. Had a vision for the car that started when I ordered it 2 months ago, and this is how I wanted it. Lot of helpful insight out there and thanks EarlyAdopter for the hints.

(needs a wash though..)

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Hi everyone - thanks for the love!

1. Tint is Spectra Photosync 75 windshield, 45 everywhere else
2. Chrome deletion was done by Raail application - think Plasti-Dip but much better, since Raail is made especially for cars. Super Durable and very tough. Economical, removable, replaceable, and can come in a variety of colors. Anything chrome was Raail'd to become black.
3. Wheels - also Raail coating. Black. The red Tesla logo stickers were placed afterwards into the caps for a bit of pop. Thought about doing Powdercoating, but this was cheaper and IMO suited my needs. Powder coating is definitely more permanent though.
4. The door handles are covered with 3M Carbon Fiber-like vinyl appliqués. Easy to find online.
5. The tail lights were done by covering them with Gunsmoke color Laminex film. (tint)
6. We also did the sides (beneath the doors), as well as the entire rear diffuser in black Raail. They were grey before that. Raail is also protective so that was an added bonus since these were areas where it was common to get a lot of chips and rock dings.
7. Xpel Ultimate on the hood/mirrors/and a little bit on each side. Opticoat Pro+ was put on the entire car afterwards. Yes, on TOP of the Xpel.

I think that's about it.. Planning on getting a winter tire/wheel set up. Probably go with the Tsportsline matte blacks/turbine look.

- - - Updated - - -

Film on the outside, Steph

That is a good looking car. You have great taste!

How did you tint the tail lights? Was it spray or film? Inside or out?