TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Philly area service center moving

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by ModelS8794, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ModelS8794

ModelS8794 Member

Heard today that Philly service center, now in Norristown, will be moving to Devon, PA in a couple months (January/February). New location is a soon to be vacated Toyota dealership. The site's gotta be 6x the size of the current service center, and can obviously accommodate sales as well so perhaps a showroom floor that will supplement the King of Prussia store.

New location

2. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

That's a nice facility from the looks of it. Hope I never need it though.... holding out for Pittsburgh location!

Does Tesla typically shop for unused/vacated dealership structures or have they build NEW before?
    Just wondering how aggressively I should hound them to set up shop within my zip code. :smile:

3. ipryor

ipryor Member

That is great news! I wonder what else they will be improving when they move?

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Interesting. Last word was they were moving to a neighboring warehouse and getting new machinery. Guess they wanted to plan for more space.

5. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

If you look at West Norrison township meeting minutes, it looks like every month Tesla had to keep applying for some sort of exemption/extension for the service center they had there. I don't think they were technically 'allowed' to store cars like a dealer lot or something like that...zoning rules I think.

6. ModelS8794

ModelS8794 Member

I am not aware of any new builds. But i am certainly not knowledgeable enough to even make an educated guess.

7. rlang59

rlang59 Member

When I spoke to them on Saturday when I was there for service the location was not finalized yet but that was the "top choice" so to speak. So unless something has changes since then that location may not be final yet.

They told me that they had already out grown that possible location so they were looking for something they could grow into.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Makes sense. I (thankfully) haven't had to be there lately, so my info was dated.

9. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

Ah yes, Devon Toyota where I curbed my wheels 15 minutes after delivery of the car while returning lease. Hope they expand that entrance to the lot...

10. Frank Neal

Frank Neal Member

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Just visited the new service center in Devon, PA. Was informed by the very nice young lady behind the desk that they moved in last week and that this "store" (not a dealership) was in addition to the one at the KoP mall. This is a combination; gallery, service, delivery, and sales store. Spoke to an owner getting his summer wheels put on so they do service on Sat. The furniture is a little sparse and the protective film isn't off all the computer screens yet but they are functioning. I'm scheduled to have the battery shield put on Mon. May 12th. Getting a loaner. Will let you all know how it goes.

11. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Nice! Any word when the entire place will officially open?

12. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I believe the grand opening for Devon is today, Sep 6.

13. EVSteve

EVSteve 110% Solar Powered

Yes, the grand opening is today and tomorrow Sept 6th & 7th. Unsure if there's anything special going on but we may stop by to check the place out. The National Drive Electric Week event is the 21st at Devon and is looking to be huge including possibly a McLaren P1! Now up to 29 cars and 131 attendees. Great way to break in the new facility. National Drive Electric Week Event - Devon