Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Philly-area window tinter and paint protector recs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised the MS doesn't come automatically with tinted windows so I'm annoyed we have to have it done ourselves. Does anyone recommend a pro tinter in Philly area where it looks like it was done in the factory and not after-market (no bubbles, peeling, etc)? Thanks!

Also, I've read threads about people getting clear paint protector applied. Is this something I absolutely should do since I didn't get it as an option? Or will I be fine without it. Any good recs? Thanks again.

I used Shades of Gray in Feasterville and I'm very happy With their work. I had them apply Prestige Photosync on all the windows and talked to them about paint protection too. Check them out on Facebook and their website!

+1 for Shades of gray; I believe i was their first Photosynch customer last August, clean job done in good time. A few tiny bubbles i noticed and was worried about for a week or two, but they resolved themselves as promised and I am very satisfied with the results, both in terms of the product and the install work. Only product I could find that gave me what i was looking for… awesome heat control with basically no darkening using 75% all around (including windshield, but not including the pano roof). Got it for the kids in the trunk during summer, but keeping the heat inside during the winter has been a nice bonus side effect… I notice my heater working full blast much less often vs. last winter.

I'm surprised the MS doesn't come automatically with tinted windows so I'm annoyed we have to have it done ourselves. Does anyone recommend a pro tinter in Philly area where it looks like it was done in the factory and not after-market (no bubbles, peeling, etc)? Thanks!

Also, I've read threads about people getting clear paint protector applied. Is this something I absolutely should do since I didn't get it as an option? Or will I be fine without it. Any good recs? Thanks again.

The darker color paint you have, the more likely it will be two show micro swirls and scratches, from even extremely careful hand washing. The Xpel film prevents that, as well as protecting against minor rock chips. It isn't cheap, but neither was your MS. Protect it!