TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone adapter

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by rjyoungmd, Mar 4, 2018.

1. rjyoungmd

rjyoungmd Member

For anyone who has taken delivery recently....does the MX come with a phone adapter??

2. Need

Need Active Member

3. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

I just bought the Quick Connection Phone dock and I'm disappointed with it. Virtually no adjustment for different size phones. Previously, my phone was a Samsung S7 and with a case, it could still charge on the micro USB connector that came installed in the car (2016 MX 90D). I just bought a Pixel 2 and wanted the USB C cable. This one does not extend far enough to reach into the phone with a case on and the left/right guides are non adjustable. I'm going to have to do some modification to get it to work.

• Like x 1
  4. mycoljay

mycoljay Member

What they said ☝. If you have a case on your phone, forget about it, don’t waste your money buying it.

5. ToddS

ToddS Member

Although I don't pretend to know your phone and case, my X w a TwelveSouth case fits, but you have to adjust the screens to hold the plug towards the back of the car. Don't know if this will help others, but it sure worked for me.

• Helpful x 1
  6. mycoljay

mycoljay Member

You're right, I take what I said back.

I have an iX w/ a Spigen case, which is not that bulky, but not slim as well.

If you have a case that's not bulky at the bottom where the charging port it, I'm sure you can get it to work.

7. ToddS

ToddS Member

Not sure if it was obvious, but I meant "screws", not "screens". :p

8. TCIslandTime

TCIslandTime Member

I installed the Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock. My Pixel phone w/ case was too big for the Android guides and too small for the iPhone guides. So, I used one Android guide and one iPhone guide and it supports my cased Pixel just fine Also, it fits squarely on the charging port..

9. skyline

skyline Vendor

That's where we come in! See our case friendly phone-docks iPhone and USB-C version.
    Hello Skyline Products

10. Mumper

Mumper Member

Cool product, but asking $100 seems a bit much. Selling the pieces separate when they are both required for the setup to work is also strange.