Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought the Quick Connection Phone dock and I'm disappointed with it. Virtually no adjustment for different size phones. Previously, my phone was a Samsung S7 and with a case, it could still charge on the micro USB connector that came installed in the car (2016 MX 90D). I just bought a Pixel 2 and wanted the USB C cable. This one does not extend far enough to reach into the phone with a case on and the left/right guides are non adjustable. I'm going to have to do some modification to get it to work.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I just bought the Quick Connection Phone dock and I'm disappointed with it. Virtually no adjustment for different size phones. Previously, my phone was a Samsung S7 and with a case, it could still charge on the micro USB connector that came installed in the car (2016 MX 90D). I just bought a Pixel 2 and wanted the USB C cable. This one does not extend far enough to reach into the phone with a case on and the left/right guides are non adjustable. I'm going to have to do some modification to get it to work.

No you have to buy it:
Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock

We just use a normal usb charging cable (1 meter long) and let the phone sit in the tray.

What they said ☝. If you have a case on your phone, forget about it, don’t waste your money buying it.

Although I don't pretend to know your phone and case, my X w a TwelveSouth case fits, but you have to adjust the screens to hold the plug towards the back of the car. Don't know if this will help others, but it sure worked for me.

You're right, I take what I said back.

I have an iX w/ a Spigen case, which is not that bulky, but not slim as well.

If you have a case that's not bulky at the bottom where the charging port it, I'm sure you can get it to work.

I installed the Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock. My Pixel phone w/ case was too big for the Android guides and too small for the iPhone guides. So, I used one Android guide and one iPhone guide and it supports my cased Pixel just fine Also, it fits squarely on the charging port..