TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Phone all - announcing caller name

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Dakster, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Dakster

Dakster Member

Have 2016 MS with AP2, latest software. Does this car announce caller name when a call comes in?

I had AP1 loaner last week and I was very surprised to hear callers name from car's speakers when calls came in. My car does not do that, I couldn't find any option to enable this, what am I missing?

2. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

That's weird, my S doesn't do that, and I'd like it to! What kind of phone do you have? Is there a setting on the phone or in the car somewhere?

3. Dakster

Dakster Member

I have iphone 7 plus. I paired my phone with the loaner (2015 AP1 P85D).. car announced callers name as soon as phone call came in. I was very surprised. Then, when I got my car back, sadly it doesn't do that ! Very odd, I hope Tesla isn't rewriting whole software for AP2 cars !

4. Max*

Max* Banned

AP1 doesn't do this. And I don't see why this would be an AP1 vs. AP2 feature.

There are apps that can do this. I know enhanced caller ID does this for bluetooth headsets/speakers, I haven't actually tried it in the car. But the 0.1 seconds it takes me to look over and see who's calling doesn't make a big difference. The name is shown on both the IC and 17".

5. Dakster

Dakster Member

Max, you're right it really isn't (or shouldn't be) AP1 vs AP2 function and that's why I was surprised why it would work on older car and not on my car. Same phone paired on both cars acted differently.

6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

This is an iOS feature, not AP1 or AP2. Look under Settings > Phone > Announce Calls > Headphones & Car

• Helpful x 1
  7. Acho

Acho Member

No caller name here - iphone 6, 2014 S85 AP1