Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone and Car Heater Settings Conflicting??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I was driving home tonight, I kept thinking "wow it's kind of cold in here". So during my commute I kept incrementally increasing the heat setting, which was set to Auto. Then I got to 80 degrees and said "wait, something's not right here". Cabin was not getting any warmer even when set to HI. That's when I realized that neither my seats or heated steering wheel were heating up, both of which were set to ON - seat at 3.

To remedy this, I tried rebooting the car (twice). Nothing. I turned off all HVAC and then one by one, turned back on. Nothing. Then I tried going manual. That's when I noticed that only the top heat position was lit. Both medium and feet were off. I tired to press medium and it kept turning off on it's own! WAT?! AND every time I tried unselecting the top heat button, it would turn back on. Double WAT?!

I continued button mashing all these settings for about 30 minutes (yes while driving) when I remembered that before getting in the car, I turned on the HVAC with the mobile app. Curious, I opened the app and shut down the climate controls and instantly the car climate settings turned off. I turned them back on from the car MCU and low and behold, instant, glorious HEAT from everywhere! Car seats, steering wheel and vents. Yay, except now I was home.

So next time I think it's colder in the car than it should be, I'm going to check my mobile settings first. This was by far the strangest thing I've dealt with in 13 months.

Reactions: Antfugue