Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PLEASE Tesla:
Support the Europeans: Make the app available in Europe
We are supporting you
This is one world

If you don't have a vehicle linked to your account (like me), you can't get past the login screen, so the app is not of much use. Since they've yet to officially ship any Model S to Europe, there's not much of a case to make the app available outside of the US & Canada, IMO. As for those few that purchased a Model S in the US/Canada & shipped it to Europe, doesn't that void the warranty?

Once cars officially start shipping to Europe, I'm sure the app won't be far behind, if not already available.

If you don't have a vehicle linked to your account (like me), you can't get past the login screen, so the app is not of much use. Since they've yet to officially ship any Model S to Europe, there's not much of a case to make the app available outside of the US & Canada, IMO. As for those few that purchased a Model S in the US/Canada & shipped it to Europe, doesn't that void the warranty?

Once cars officially start shipping to Europe, I'm sure the app won't be far behind, if not already available.

Thanks for a little consolation. Isn't making the wait much easier.

What the %$#@&^*?

Anyone try to get the app on an iPad? The description says iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, but I sure as heck can't get it on the iPad.
When you search you must select the 'iPhone' tab on the search screen, it defaults to the 'iPad' tab and it won't show up there.

- - - Updated - - -

It's only good for the IPHONE. It's not compatible with the IPAD.

Not true, works fine on the iPad.

It's only good for the IPHONE. It's not compatible with the IPAD.

That’s not accurate. When searching the store there are two options: look for iPad aware applications, or look for iPhone applications. There should be an option at the top of your search results to show iPhone apps, which will install and run just fine on the iPad – they just won’t take advantage of the additional screen real estate available. I installed the Tesla Model S app on my 3rd generation iPad this morning before I installed it on my iPhone, and it works just fine.

The app says the interior temp of my car is 76 degrees. It's been sitting outside in 45 degree weather for 6.5 hours with climate control off...don't think that function is working!

If you have a thermometer go outside and sit in the car and see what it reads. It seems to work but maybe the app didn't update and is showing old data?

This is what the screen looks like on the iPad, note the tab for iPhone and iPad at the top.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360010345.058386.jpg

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Also works fine on my 1st gen iPad running iOS 5.1.1. In the App Store app, I just searched for "Telsa Model S" (no quotation marks) and it showed up under the heading "iPhone apps". It installed just fine, and works (modulo having no vehicles linked to my account).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for a little consolation. Isn't making the wait much easier.

You're welcome. As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part." I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery button/questionnaire and more granular delivery window. Getting the app was nice, but not really that useful … yet.