TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dsm363, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Thanks for the reply.
    What the heck am I doing wrong? Using the iPad, I can't even find it in the App store.
    With the PC iTunes, I can load the Tesla Model S app, but it will not transfer to the iPad and it says it is for iPhone and iPod touch.

iPad running on 5.1

2. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

If you don't have a vehicle linked to your account (like me), you can't get past the login screen, so the app is not of much use. Since they've yet to officially ship any Model S to Europe, there's not much of a case to make the app available outside of the US & Canada, IMO. As for those few that purchased a Model S in the US/Canada & shipped it to Europe, doesn't that void the warranty?

Once cars officially start shipping to Europe, I'm sure the app won't be far behind, if not already available.

3. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

Thanks for a little consolation. Isn't making the wait much easier.

4. UMD86

UMD86 Member

It's only good for the IPHONE. It's not compatible with the IPAD.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

When you search you must select the 'iPhone' tab on the search screen, it defaults to the 'iPad' tab and it won't show up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true, works fine on the iPad.

6. jbherman

jbherman Member

The app says the interior temp of my car is 76 degrees. It's been sitting outside in 45 degree weather for 6.5 hours with climate control off...don't think that function is working!

7. GeekGirls

GeekGirls Kid in Candy Store

That’s not accurate. When searching the store there are two options: look for iPad aware applications, or look for iPhone applications. There should be an option at the top of your search results to show iPhone apps, which will install and run just fine on the iPad – they just won’t take advantage of the additional screen real estate available. I installed the Tesla Model S app on my 3rd generation iPad this morning before I installed it on my iPhone, and it works just fine.

8. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

My inside temp is pretty close. Perhaps yours is in the sun, with black interior? Might be right.

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If you have a thermometer go outside and sit in the car and see what it reads. It seems to work but maybe the app didn't update and is showing old data?

10. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

This is what the screen looks like on the iPad, note the tab for iPhone and iPad at the top.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360010345.058386.jpg

Evan, Via Tapatalk

11. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Thank you, Thank you. Got it.

12. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

Also works fine on my 1st gen iPad running iOS 5.1.1. In the App Store app, I just searched for "Telsa Model S" (no quotation marks) and it showed up under the heading "iPhone apps". It installed just fine, and works (modulo having no vehicles linked to my account).

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome. As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part." I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery button/questionnaire and more granular delivery window. Getting the app was nice, but not really that useful … yet.

13. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Is it in direct sunlight? Could be the internal temperature probe is in the sun?

14. Laurent

Laurent Member

I bought 3 Model S's from Tesla (long story). I wonder what happens when you have 4...

TeslaApp.jpg

15. jbherman

jbherman Member

It's sunny to partly cloudy outside, but the car is facing north. This morning, in my garage, it said it was 71 degrees on the app. I keep my garage heated to about 55-60 degrees.

16. dennis25

dennis25 Member

That's awesome! Laurent, you're my hero.

Love the iphone app. comes in handy. something else occurred to me. we now get a 'cabin temperature', something we didn't have before. just an outside temp.

17. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Looks to me like they got the colour wrong. :)

18. znino

znino Member

I just loaded the iPhone app on the iPad. Works. It's not a native iPad add though

19. znino

znino Member

Not true. I have it running on my iPad mini. Just not full screen. (Unless I press the 2x button)

20. znino

znino Member

Car is outside. Interior cabin says 7 degrees c. I started the cabin heat and setting was at 24 degrees c. I can increase the temperature using the up arrow but I cannot decrease it with the down arrow. Anyone else see this?