Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just discovered in iTunes that there is a new release of the mobile app, V1.2.2. Came out yesterday.

Description is "support for new markets, minor bug fixes & improvements".

There was a similarly-worded update on Google Play dated June 6th. However, it still doesn't incorporate the UI changes present in the iOS version.

It woke my car from deep sleep without too much delay, though. Not sure if this was an improvement over the outgoing version.

Last edited:
So, riddle me this. I've upgraded my phone and I can't get the Tesla app to connect on the new phone. It always says wrong username/password. I'm using the same combo that lets me log into My Tesla on Tesla's My Tesla section of their website. I think it's the same I had before on my old phone (since, again, I thought it's supposed to be the same as the website).

Any ideas? And yes, I typed the credentials carefully multiple times :)

So, riddle me this. I've upgraded my phone and I can't get the Tesla app to connect on the new phone. It always says wrong username/password. I'm using the same combo that lets me log into My Tesla on Tesla's My Tesla section of their website. I think it's the same I had before on my old phone (since, again, I thought it's supposed to be the same as the website).

Try deleting the app and reinstalling?

If you have special characters in your password, you might consider changing it to something without those characters and try again. It's a common bug to mis-parse passwords with special characters in them.

Use your registered email as the user name, not your actual user name/handle.

My android app just made me change my password to something more "secure" and subsequently made me re-enter my password? Anyone else have this? Possibly getting closer to firmware version 6 with it's phone allows you to start the car option?

I had to re enter my password on an iPhone, but I didn't have to change it. My password already met most definitions of secure.

My iPad has asked me for my MyTesla password twice in the past two days.. So looks like something going on with the servers.

I briefly get the login screen when starting the app now. It proceeds to the "contacting the car" page after a few seconds, but it still looks like I'd need to login again. Just long enough for me to think "Oh, what now?" Didn't used to do this. I still almost always have to back out and restart the app in order to successfully connect though. I usually give it 10 seconds (occasionally, it does do it on the first try) and, if no connection, back out and try again.