Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No kidding. I fired an email off to ownership about it. They've updated the Android app 2 - 3 times since the iOS app got the slider and they still haven't added it. Plus I guess we don't get the notifications either. :(

At least you have an official app. Windows Phone still not getting any love, and it doesn't look good for the immediate future.

But that's not a fair comparison when you take into account that the Android market share is larger than iOS and vastly larger than Windows Phone.

• Informative
Reactions: delaughterdo
Overall, yes, but I'd wager that among Tesla owners, iOS has a majority of the market share. And that's coming from someone who uses an Android device.

I still don't understand that. It would seem that techies that like messing with gadgets would be the ones most passionate about something as new as a Tesla. But I guess the price of the car limits their ability to purchase one. Okay... maybe it does make sense.

The latest smartphone app release - done simultaneously for both Apple and Android is a significant step forward for Tesla - because Android users have been considerably behind Apple users for previous app updates.

Windows Phone and other platforms (such as Tizen) may never have enough market share for Tesla to directly support - and they instead should be providing an interface for 3rd party developers to use - either as a publically available interface or a licensable interface requiring an agreement with Tesla.

The latest smartphone app release - done simultaneously for both Apple and Android is a significant step forward for Tesla - because Android users have been considerably behind Apple users for previous app updates.

Windows Phone and other platforms (such as Tizen) may never have enough market share for Tesla to directly support - and they instead should be providing an interface for 3rd party developers to use - either as a publically available interface or a licensable interface requiring an agreement with Tesla.

The Android app is still significantly behind the iOS app in terms of functionality. Still doesn't have the charge slider, and they didn't add any of the notification functions.

image.jpg