Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome Forum. We had the disabled remote app issue yesterday, driving me and the wife crazy. I called Tesla, yesterday, to send me a set of lug nuts to replace the ones that Costco said had swollen to the point that they could no longer get a socket in. So it would seem, a part request through the service department invokes this policy :)

My Android App shows sunroof status correctly. So does Visual Tesla and Dashboard for Tesla. Have you checked it physically that it is completely shut?

It is physically shut. Also indicates on the screen in the car that is is shut. I took delivery yesterday and it was raining so it was definitely closed. Also, when I get on the app and it indicates it is open, I close it using the app. When I exit the app and get on again, it is back to open on the app.

Maybe I was hallucinating, but a couple of days ago I swear I saw a button on the Climate screen that said something like "Comfort Climate Control". When I pushed it a pop up appeared and explained that MS was learning my departure patterns and would automatically precondition the interior according to that schedule. The next day when I was getting ready for work I expected to see the button again, but it was gone and I haven't seen it again. I can't recall if this happened before or after the upgrade to .180. As I am only an owner for a little over a week, I understand things can crop up and disappear. Was this a glitch or a feature that used to be on the app and was recently removed?

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
The button was related to the "smart preconditioning" function in the settings.
"Smart Preconditioning: If on, Model S predicts your driving schedule and automatically adjusts the temperature of the cabin based on your last set temperature and your driving schedule, making Model S comfortable and ready to drive. It may take some time for Model S to learn your driving habits and if you do not have a regular driving schedule, it will be unable to identify a pattern. Note: Smart Preconditioning is available only if you save your home and work locations" I just checked the car and I still have this enabled.

• Informative
Reactions: SG57 and msnow
Am I the only one not receiving software update notifications? I've gotten at least five or six software updates since early December but have never received a software update notification on any of my Android devices. I receive charging notifications just fine but the only way I find out about new software updates is when I leave for work in the morning or if I check the car after hearing about a new release online.

Am I the only one not receiving software update notifications? I've gotten at least five or six software updates since early December but have never received a software update notification on any of my Android devices. I receive charging notifications just fine but the only way I find out about new software updates is when I leave for work in the morning or if I check the car after hearing about a new release online.
Probably obvious, but have you checked that the Software Update option is enabled in the notification settings for the app? That's the only thing that came to mind.

Screenshot_2017-02-05-12-49-17.png
Probably obvious, but have you checked that the Software Update option is enabled in the notification settings for the app? That's the only thing that came to mind.
Yes. I've tried checking and unchecking the option multiple times. I've never received notifications that the updates are available. I have gotten one or two notifications after the update was installed. I get all other charging notifications just fine.

I'm running the app on an iPhone 5 with the latest software installed.

When the car finishes charging I get both visual and aural notifications. But when I receive notifications about firmware updates (either an update being available or completed) I only receive visual notifications. Is that how it works for others?

It would be nice to have the phone make some sort of noise to let me know about updates in case I don't happen to be looking at the phone when the notifications arrive.

Also, some time ago anytime the car was charging I would receive three notifications. One when charging started, another when charging was almost done and a third when charging was finished.

But lately I've usually only been getting the start and finished notifications. Only once recently did I receive the almost done notification.

Anyone else having the same experience?

Thanks!

I'm running the app on an iPhone 5 with the latest software installed.

When the car finishes charging I get both visual and aural notifications. But when I receive notifications about firmware updates (either an update being available or completed) I only receive visual notifications. Is that how it works for others?

It would be nice to have the phone make some sort of noise to let me know about updates in case I don't happen to be looking at the phone when the notifications arrive.

Also, some time ago anytime the car was charging I would receive three notifications. One when charging started, another when charging was almost done and a third when charging was finished.

But lately I've usually only been getting the start and finished notifications. Only once recently did I receive the almost done notification.

Anyone else having the same experience?

Thanks!
I don't think firmware updates are so critical that the phone needs to make a noise in case your aren't looking at it at that moment.

Reactions: bmah

The only time I ever get the "Almost Done" message is when Supercharging. I have never seen it when charging at Level 1 or 2.

• Helpful
Reactions: Patrick W