Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my 5 year old Galaxy S3 last year with LineageOS, from Android 4.3 to 7.1.2.
Phone has never been better, got rid of all the samsung crap, runs all new apps, including the Tesla app.
Took a night of reading and fiddling around, but well worth it imo.

Thank you for the tip. I had not heard of the LineageOS. It's a community supported Linux operating system.

LineageOS does take some technical knowledge to install. The instructions seem fairly straight forward though.

I was mistaken about my tablet. It's actually a Motorola Xoom. Unfortunately it's not supported. I do have a Droid 4 which is supported. Maybe I will practice on it and see if I can brick it.
Just a quick Google search shows that you can install Marshmallow or Nouget on a XOOM. I don't know if that applies to yours or not. Probably not recommended if you don't feel you're technical enough.

Just a quick Google search shows that you can install Marshmallow or Nouget on a XOOM. I don't know if that applies to yours or not. Probably not recommended if you don't feel you're technical enough.
Yes, I had heard that was possible. But when I looked into it, there was a huge warning about it. I don't remember exactly what it was. It scared me away.

Just got this update for the Android Tesla app
Tesla-Android-Update-Screenshot_20180209.png

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
The iOS app got updated today as well (version 3.3.1). From the what's new (retyping from my iPad, typos, if any, are mine):

"Preconditioning will also turn on your seat heaters and defrosters automatically in cold weather for your comfort and convenience. Cold weather upgrades, such as the heated steering wheel and wiper blades, will also be activated. When you start your next drive, your climate settings will automatically revert to your previous settings. NOTE: Requires vehicle software version 2018.4 or above."

Bruce.

The iOS app got updated today as well (version 3.3.1). From the what's new (retyping from my iPad, typos, if any, are mine):

"Preconditioning will also turn on your seat heaters and defrosters automatically in cold weather for your comfort and convenience. Cold weather upgrades, such as the heated steering wheel and wiper blades, will also be activated. When you start your next drive, your climate settings will automatically revert to your previous settings. NOTE: Requires vehicle software version 2018.4 or above."

Bruce.
I got the same "upgrade the app" notice today and I did not realize that it required ver. 2018.4 and I only have 2018.2. It now will not let me preheat the car remotely from my iPhone app. Any suggestions other than waiting until I get the 2018.4 upgrade? I know it is a first world problem but..... It is a good thing that it is not canceling anything else that is more critical to driving.

I got the same "upgrade the app" notice today and I did not realize that it required ver. 2018.4 and I only have 2018.2. It now will not let me preheat the car remotely from my iPhone app. Any suggestions other than waiting until I get the 2018.4 upgrade? I know it is a first world problem but..... It is a good thing that it is not canceling anything else that is more critical to driving.
I experienced the same thing. I'm on like 2017.50 or something.

Anybody noticing a problem not getting certain notifications from the official Tesla iOS app?

Ever since getting my Model S over 2yrs ago, I’ve always received notifications when charging starts or stops on my iPhone.

But recently, I believe starting after my car updated to firmware 2018.6.1, on seemingly random occasions a charging session starts but there's no corresponding notification on the phone. Meanwhile notifications are still correctly received every time a charging session is stopped or completes. I’ve tried resetting all the notification settings, rebooting the iPhone, and also tried signing out/back into the app, and also deleting and reinstalling the app... but I still seem to miss some charge start notifications, whether manually started charging or scheduled charging sessions. I have what appears to be the latest version of the Tesla iOS app, v3.3.3

Anybody seen this or know a fix?

Anybody noticing a problem not getting certain notifications from the official Tesla iOS app?

Ever since getting my Model S over 2yrs ago, I’ve always received notifications when charging starts or stops on my iPhone.

But recently, I believe starting after my car updated to firmware 2018.6.1, on seemingly random occasions a charging session starts but there's no corresponding notification on the phone. Meanwhile notifications are still correctly received every time a charging session is stopped or completes. I’ve tried resetting all the notification settings, rebooting the iPhone, and also tried signing out/back into the app, and also deleting and reinstalling the app... but I still seem to miss some charge start notifications, whether manually started charging or scheduled charging sessions. I have what appears to be the latest version of the Tesla iOS app, v3.3.3

Anybody seen this or know a fix?
I unfortunately have a similar issue with generally the "charging complete" message not always appearing when I use anything other than a Supercharger (which did show both msgs in my last 4 charges earlier this week)... Like you, I run only the latest version of generally-available iOS and Tesla App, and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Tesla App, as well as turning off each of the notification settings and turning them back on with even manually terminating the app in-between changes. Despite ensuring the Tesla App is always running in the background, I still have the inconsistent problem sometimes receiving only one or the other charging message when charging at home -- e.g. my MS is plugged-in and automatic charging to top-it-off began a little while ago at midnight, but I only received the completion notice despite having the setting for both. I can't attest to exactly when the problem for me began, but it's within the past few weeks -- before that notices worked very consistently.