Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google maps, Waze and Apple map all give the road distance both initially and after you select directions. None of the give line-of-sight distance

Actually I was surprised by this as well but he's right.

Open Google Maps and try a "search" for say "supercharger near by"
For me it shows one at 13 miles. Then I click it and choose "Start" it changes to 18 miles.

Perhaps if you leave the search list up long enough or click on an entry and leave it up it might refine the distances in the background.

The list is just a guide for what's closest but be sure to double check actual distance once you start navigation to it. Sometimes as the crow flies might be close.

I've always noticed this difference and always thought because it wasn't using an accurate fix yet. I never considered it was showing as the crow flies initially. I didn't check the other nav apps.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
None of the navigation software shows driving distance to the points in the list unless you chose one and route to. Always line of sight first. It's not an error, because routing (i.e. finding correct driving distance) is so computation intensive task, that the list of 10+ entries could limbo the navigation software for half-minute easily. That's not what everyone wants I guess.
And most of the time LOS estimate works just fine, except when you're driving interstate, and the POI is right behind.

I like to keep my android app running in the background on my phone, so that the calendar updates every time I hop in the car. Lately, after a recent update to my phone (Android V9, Samsung Note8), the phone thinks it's being smart or something, and keeps closing the background apps, including my Tesla App. Anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I'd like to keep the Tesla app running in the background.

Thanks

I like to keep my android app running in the background on my phone, so that the calendar updates every time I hop in the car. Lately, after a recent update to my phone (Android V9, Samsung Note8), the phone thinks it's being smart or something, and keeps closing the background apps, including my Tesla App. Anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I'd like to keep the Tesla app running in the background.

Thanks

It may have changed in V9 how you go about this but you can disable battery optimization per app. This is how it’s done on V8.

The official Tesla app and this alternative dashboard app do not work on LineageOS 16 at the moment. I have filed bug reports at both and hope they will fix this soon. LineageOS itself is not the problem, as it runs all major apps, even banking apps. If other people would like to use these apps, please also report the maintainers that there is an interest/need for LineageOS support.

Hello Guys. I have some issue with my iPhone app.
3 days ago I opened the app and saw my tesla in app without wheels and with a different color.

Have you ever seen this?

oz5cej

Sorry if this is buried somewhere here but my search-fu has not been successful. I'm a new owner, waiting for my Model S to get PPF done so I am trying to research features and tricks, both in the car and through the app. In the app, I've noticed I can see my car doors/trunk/frunk when they are open (when the PPF technician is working on that particular part of the vehicle). But seeing the open/closed state of the right-side doors can be a bit tricky. I would have thought that I could rotate the vehicle in the Tesla app to see the car from the other side but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there some other way to rotate the side we are looking at in the Tesla app?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Sorry if this is buried somewhere here but my search-fu has not been successful. I'm a new owner, waiting for my Model S to get PPF done so I am trying to research features and tricks, both in the car and through the app. In the app, I've noticed I can see my car doors/trunk/frunk when they are open (when the PPF technician is working on that particular part of the vehicle). But seeing the open/closed state of the right-side doors can be a bit tricky. I would have thought that I could rotate the vehicle in the Tesla app to see the car from the other side but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there some other way to rotate the side we are looking at in the Tesla app?
No.

Can't unlock the car from the app. For some time now - U do not know how ling or what version - the unlock feature is not working on my Android app any more. It connects to the car, honk, flash lights, climate, etc. work, but it does not unlock the car.
I uninstalled and re-installed the app - no change.
Anybody any suggestions?

Can't unlock the car from the app. For some time now - U do not know how ling or what version - the unlock feature is not working on my Android app any more. It connects to the car, honk, flash lights, climate, etc. work, but it does not unlock the car.
I uninstalled and re-installed the app - no change.
Anybody any suggestions?
Has the car been serviced recently? I’ve read sometimes this is a problem with the certificates in the car.

If I back into my driveway the app shows my Model S parked in neighbor's driveway across the street. Guessing someone got too smart with pattern recognition of driveways and decided Teslas are always driven straight in never backed.

Eventually someone got around to fixing this. But now voice navigation instructions say my house is on the wrong side of the road. App shows correct address and car in the correct driveway.

Yes, I often set the destination to my own home. Gives re-routes if wreck is blocking route. And ETA if someone calls wanting to know when I'll be back.

Is is just me or are others having an issue with entering a valid phone number in the corresponding field when scheduling a service appointment in the app? It’s been an issue for months now that I have to enter a fake shortened phone number to advance past that step. My valid 10-digit number gives an error message. I then add my phone number in the comments, even though they should have my contact info from my account.

iOS 13.6.1 (and earlier) on iPhone X App version 3.10,8 (and earlier).

Hi everyone. So like May of you I’ve had issues but it’s odd to me because it’s been vehicle specific. We now have 3 vehicles but only only won’t connect. I’ve done hard reset, signed out signed in, deleted app etc but no luck on our devices. I’m using iOS 14.2 and Tesla app 3.10.9
It’s strange that the other 2 vehicles work and this one won’t. It hasn’t been able to connect since November 16, 2020!!