Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
today we left the dog in the car and turned Climate on in our restaurant to cool the car in Florida. Everything worked well. When I checked again approx. half an hour later, the Climate had turned off and the car got hotter. I could turn Climate on again and restarted cooling but I wonder if there is a time limit after which Climate Control is turned off automatically by the car. Anyone?

today we left the dog in the car and turned Climate on in our restaurant to cool the car in Florida. Everything worked well. When I checked again approx. half an hour later, the Climate had turned off and the car got hotter. I could turn Climate on again and restarted cooling but I wonder if there is a time limit after which Climate Control is turned off automatically by the car. Anyone?

It appears to switch the climate control off after an hour, as far as I can tell.

The mods discussed it and decided that since both apps are being developed and released in parallel that it makes sense to have one thread. That way things like 'why doesn't app do this or that' don't need to be cross posted.

Ran into a little bug yesterday. I could dial the cabin temperature UP but not DOWN. Tried it a few different times, same result.

Funny, it used to work before my service visit... :confused:

Doug, I have had this bug since day 1 of the iPhone app and so have others. Are your settings on the car in celsius degrees? If so, try changing to Fahrenheit and you will see that you will suddenly be able to dial DOWN the temperature. Guess they didn't do that much testing in metric :) It has already been reported to Tesla.

App feature request: notification if the car is at home and not plugged in at a certain time.

We drove around yesterday and returned home, but I didn't plug in as we were planning on going out for dinner. Plans changed and we stayed home, so the car never got plugged in. No big deal, but it would have been nice to be notified by my phone.

I've got lots of notifications working (using things like cron/shell/awk/python) using the API descibed in the other thread.

Anyone else running this on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

The app will only run once for me. Subsequent attempts just result in the spinning icon until I manually force the app closed and then restart.

My wife has it installed on her iPhone (and iPad) and it is much quicker to respond. The GPS location and speed actually update every second or so. The GPS location on my Nexus only updates every 10 seconds or so, and there is a much bigger delay switching between climate / charging / location screens.

Anyone else running this on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

The app will only run once for me. Subsequent attempts just result in the spinning icon until I manually force the app closed and then restart.

i have Galaxy Nexus .. and this happens to me as well.. but not 'every time'... but i need to force close ( kill ) once for every 3-4 attempts to get it to work...

iPhone App (on 4S iOS6) works great for me so far. Have not played much with climate controls, but everything else has given me no problems. When I first downloaded the app, I was accross the country. The Model S was in the garage back home and I beeped the horn to surprise the wife while I was eating breakfast at a Denny's. Ok... not a very useful function, but cool nonetheless.