Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop ( 5.0.1 ) and trying to install The Tesla App I get "Unknown Error code during application install. "-505".
Help

I got the same problem with my Galaxy S5 after upgrade to Lollipop 5.0, waited for improvment in 5.0.1, but it looks like it is not fixed. Description here:
google play store - How do I deal with unknown installation error code -505? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Factory reset solved the problem:
How to factory reset the Galaxy S5 for better performance - AndroidPIT

Yes, it's been that way for a while for me (iPhone 6 Plus as well). My map screen doesn't work either - it displays the map and car location plus the speedometer if the car's in use, but neither the car nor map move when the car is in drive.

Anyone have a resolution to this? My wife and I both have an iPhone 6. Mine works fine but hers won't track the car on the map. We tried reloading the app to no avail. Any ideas?

I sure hope Tesla adds a few features here soon and before next winter also, my preference in priority order would be:

- allow ability to turn on/off heated seats, steering wheel, and wipers. otherwise they are not nearly as useful at start.
- allow for enabling/disabling valet mode remotely

Two areas I would like to see soon!

I got the same problem with my Galaxy S5 after upgrade to Lollipop 5.0, waited for improvment in 5.0.1, but it looks like it is not fixed. Description here:
google play store - How do I deal with unknown installation error code -505? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Factory reset solved the problem:
How to factory reset the Galaxy S5 for better performance - AndroidPIT

FYI: App seemed to install fine on my Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1. Hopefully a future update will fix the issue for you if you don't want to factory reset. Now that I have the app installed, I just need my Model X...

Just upgraded my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop ( 5.0.1 ) and trying to install The Tesla App I get "Unknown Error code during application install. "-505".
Help

Do you have the DJI Drone App on your phone? You can't have both on your phone as of Lollipop, because Tesla or DJI is improperly using the Chinese map location permission. I posted about it here in February:
Android Mobile App Using Baidu Maps

Either company could fix this.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI: App seemed to install fine on my Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1. Hopefully a future update will fix the issue for you if you don't want to factory reset. Now that I have the app installed, I just need my Model X...

Factory reset won't help.

I am having an issue with the iPhone App. It started sometime earlier this month. I stopped getting notifications on my phone for charging etc... I have double checked the notification settings in IOS and the App. Then uninstalled the app rebooted and reinstalled as other suggested but no luck. Any other ideas? TIA Jeff

I am having an issue with the iPhone App. It started sometime earlier this month. I stopped getting notifications on my phone for charging etc... I have double checked the notification settings in IOS and the App. Then uninstalled the app rebooted and reinstalled as other suggested but no luck. Any other ideas? TIA Jeff
Sounds like they're finally reaching feature parity between the iOS and Android apps. :wink:

And a "From Elon" button that currently just gives an "My Tesla could not be reached" error
as well as a "Choose Friends" button that talks to the phone's contact list that allows you to send your referral link, as well as a local & global leaderboard for the referral program.

Interesting.

For me the "From Elon" button was initially red, presumably to indicate the unread message. Clicking on it showed the email he had sent about the referral program, and changed the color to neutral. But then I could not figure out how to make that button go away. I thought perhaps if I actually refer someone by clicking on the "Choose Friends" option, it would then clear the "From Elon" button. But all clicking on the "Choose Friends" button does for me is cause the app to quit. Shocking, I know.

I clicked "choose friends" and then clicked "back" and it gave me the "Progress" page with the leaderboards:
local-censored.png
global-censored.png

(referral links blacked out to comply with forum rules)

I clicked "choose friends" and then clicked "back" and it gave me the "Progress" page with the leaderboards:
View attachment 89513View attachment 89514

(referral links blacked out to comply with forum rules)
I tried and it doesn't work for me. I guess I need to invite someone. I just don't know anyone who can afford it.

Looks like Bjorn is going to the Gigafactory grand opening and well on his way to the free Model X!