Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Support and they were able to tell me the car went into sleep mode about 4 hrs ago and 4.2 never made it to the car ("It got stuck"). Tech thought this was a bug in 4.1 that caused it to sleep even though it wasn't supposed to.

Guess I will be app-less until I get back to her on Friday morning. Damn I am spoiled by this car!

Update:

So now, after going off the grid for 24 hrs, I was able to connect with the app again this morning. It looks like the car woke up and phoned home? Even Tesla thought I wouldn't be able to connect until I manually woke the computer up by opening the door when I got home.

Wish I understood the logic behind this.

Update:

So now, after going off the grid for 24 hrs, I was able to connect with the app again this morning. It looks like the car woke up and phoned home? Even Tesla thought I wouldn't be able to connect until I manually woke the computer up by opening the door when I got home.

Wish I understood the logic behind this.

The app can "wake up" the car. There is a bug in 4.1 that can keep it in deep sleep, though, so the app can't reach it. So either you didn't hit that bug, or the car "woke up" for something else and you caught it at a good time.

Tesla can wake up the car remotely too...

As reported above, there's unexpected behavior with the Climate setting on the iPhone app. I turned on the HVAC remotely before leaving for work, drove in, parked and plugged in. Around 11am, I took a visiting colleague out for a test drive. Before leaving the building, I pulled up the app to warm up the car (my colleague is from Houston ;-) ) and found that the car's HVAC was still on. I would expect that the Climate setting would revert to Off once the car had been driven.

As reported above, there's unexpected behavior with the Climate setting on the iPhone app. I turned on the HVAC remotely before leaving for work, drove in, parked and plugged in. Around 11am, I took a visiting colleague out for a test drive. Before leaving the building, I pulled up the app to warm up the car (my colleague is from Houston ;-) ) and found that the car's HVAC was still on. I would expect that the Climate setting would revert to Off once the car had been driven.

I have used mine several times and it seems to revert to off after being driven. Glitch?

I'm loving the app, though I haven't had tons of use for it (other than trying it out various times) in my few hours of ownership. ;-)

It's odd that some can see the interior temp when CC is off, while others can't. Okay, at least one person can (I saw the screenshot upthread). I can't--it would be nice to, though. I can turn it on, check temp, then turn off, but this seems silly.

The only other quirk I've noticed so far is that sometimes the app says it can't get to the car. Tapping the Retry button always goes through, when that happens, though, so it's not a big deal. Hopefully they'll fix this.

I just e-mailed both to ownership, along with praise/kudos for a great app. I'm looking forward to them growing/developing it more.

For those of you with Key Lime Pie (Android 4.2), do you have problems? I saw the app running on a Nexus phone with Key Lime Pie today, and things were pretty screwed up with it -- stuff I haven't seen on my Galaxy S3 w/ Jelly Bean (4.1).

EDIT: I've been educated that 4.2 is still Jelly Bean, just a different API level. Damn Google and the arbitrary version numbering.

Last edited:
App feature request: notification if the car is at home and not plugged in at a certain time.

We drove around yesterday and returned home, but I didn't plug in as we were planning on going out for dinner. Plans changed and we stayed home, so the car never got plugged in. No big deal, but it would have been nice to be notified by my phone.

App feature request: notification if the car is at home and not plugged in at a certain time.

We drove around yesterday and returned home, but I didn't plug in as we were planning on going out for dinner. Plans changed and we stayed home, so the car never got plugged in. No big deal, but it would have been nice to be notified by my phone.

Any push notifications would be nice like: Temp reached above or below xx in cabin, or alarm went off if set.