Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues with the Android app today? Worked like a charm yesterday but now it loads, starts to connect to the car, and then crashes. I've rebooted the phone. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Can't get it to run. This is on a Galaxy Note 3.

I had that problem a while ago and it turned out to that it was the password manager Lastpass. It has a custom android keyboard and if it is active it crashed the Tesla app. Not sure why.

To test go into Android settings and Accessibility and turn off all items and see if it still crashes. If not turn one thing one at a time till you find the culprit.

Thanks for the tip gbdesai. My Android app also stopped working on Friday - it would simply say "Unfortuneately, Tesla has stopped" and then end. I couldn't of anything that changed on my phone but I did upgrade LastPass to a version that could auto-fill password in other application. Turning it off like you recommend did the trick ! All working OK now.

I had that problem a while ago and it turned out to that it was the password manager Lastpass. It has a custom android keyboard and if it is active it crashed the Tesla app. Not sure why.

To test go into Android settings and Accessibility and turn off all items and see if it still crashes. If not turn one thing one at a time till you find the culprit.

Pure genius, gbdesai. Thanks for the tip! This solved the problem for me as well.

@gbdesai Thanks for sharing this. It was really aggravating. I had tried everything I could think of, going as far as buying a new phone and still having the problem. Unfortunately, I like Lastpass far too much to give it up, so I guess it is just a matter of turning it off in Accessibility whenever I need to use the Tesla app. Interesting you said that it was something to do with the Lastpass keyboard, but yet I don't have the keyboard active and the problem still exists (though disabling it in Accessibility fixes it as you mentioned). It must be the update that Lastpass did that allows it to fill passwords in other android apps, rather than just as a browser add-on for Dolphin.

I just installed the Tesla Android app on my Galaxy S3 and, or course, I get an error message because my car hasn't been delivered yet. I know this has been asked and answered, but it would be cool to see that I and my car are part of the forum.

Jon

Ordered March 31, 2014 VIN# 40530 Delivery scheduled for May 31, 2014

S85 | Pearl White w/Tan Leather | Twin chargers | Pano | Tech
| HPWC

Thanks for posting this. I have been fighting with the app for about a week trying to figure out what was going on, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, etc. and couldn't figure it out. Turning off the LastPass accessibility feature worked perfectly.

Just got my Model S on Friday, so I'm pretty new to the app (Android version on LG G2).

It works pretty good. However, only on the second try. The first time I launch the app, it will just say "connecting" until it times out and asks me to retry. If I back out of the app and relaunch it seems to connect right away.

Anyone else have this experience?

And let me add my voice to the "UPDATE THE APP" crowd.