Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Model S on Friday, so I'm pretty new to the app (Android version on LG G2).

It works pretty good. However, only on the second try. The first time I launch the app, it will just say "connecting" until it times out and asks me to retry. If I back out of the app and relaunch it seems to connect right away.

Anyone else have this experience?

And let me add my voice to the "UPDATE THE APP" crowd.

The Android app is notorious for failing to wake up the car. Sadly your experience is about normal.

Just got my Model S on Friday, so I'm pretty new to the app (Android version on LG G2).

It works pretty good. However, only on the second try. The first time I launch the app, it will just say "connecting" until it times out and asks me to retry. If I back out of the app and relaunch it seems to connect right away.

Anyone else have this experience?

And let me add my voice to the "UPDATE THE APP" crowd.

I had that problem for the first 2 days and then for some reason it stopped happening and has worked fine since. Give it a couple days.

Starting a 2200 mile roadtrip this morning and the Android app has decided to quit working. It just won't connect (MyTesla is unavailable right now). Visible Tesla won't accept my login either.

Tried rebooting the main screen to no avail.

I shouldn't really need it but the weather is still pretty cool here overnight so it would be handy to preheat the battery/car.

Maps didn't work last night when I did the upgrade, however, everything returned to normal this morning. I didn't uninstall/clear data or anything different other than restart the app. It seems that many of the newer reviews say that maps are working for them. Strange!

Maps don't work in the updated android version as indicated in the app reviews. Just shows a blank screen. Also, if anyone uses LastPass, the new auto-fill feature for apps doesn't work with the Tesla app either.

Maps originally didn't work for me last night, and now they do as well.

The release notes for the new version (still "beta" I note") discuss reporting scheduled charging, which the new app does for me. I note that the issue of the internal temp not being reported is still there... I think that's on the car side though, as it affects other apps a well, and devs have said the data just stops showing up from the mother ship...

I'll be happy if, among the bug fixes referred to, I can bring the app to the foreground reliably and not have it hang... so far so good...