Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My app works perfectly and I always keep it closed. It shows me when I have software update s available. Show he protection has started, etc.

But for the past Month or two, every time I close the app, an alert shows that I should leave app running. My phone is iOS. Is there anyway to block that alert without blocking every other alert that I really like???

My app works perfectly and I always keep it closed. It shows me when I have software update s available. Show he protection has started, etc.

But for the past Month or two, every time I close the app, an alert shows that I should leave app running. My phone is iOS. Is there anyway to block that alert without blocking every other alert that I really like???
Just ignore it. I leave it closed too and it’s working fine.

My app no longer will update but the lock works.
It says "last seen in 14 days"

Tried to restart app many times, disconnect from wifi, etc. Any Ideas?
I had that problem when I was having troubles with the MCU communicating with the center instrument panel computer. If MCU is wonky then the app can not connect. Reboot the MCU for temporary fix. When the problem persisted the SC replaced my MCU. So far so good.

It was bothering me as well, and I kept closing it.
I decided it was less bothersome and actually faster and more convenient to just leave it open. Is there any downside to that?
When the Calendar does not update in my S I have to launch the app on iPhone to get the day’s events into the car.

I find setting the location of an event in my iPhone calendar also copies that location to the Tesla navigation system. All I have to do is select from the calendar in the car.

Reactions: cwanja
Hmmm I'm not sure how to search the forum so this light be a repeat but does anyone else have app connectivity issues following updates?
Usually after an update I will power cycle the entire car. Also, I clear out all running apps on my Android phone and restart the Tesla app. Usually cures most ailments.
I have had to on occasion either reintroduce my phone or re enter my credentials in the car.
For sure, after every Tesla update, I check to make sure my app and my card will allow access to the car. One never knows, do one?

Reactions: NavyZW
Usually after an update I will power cycle the entire car. Also, I clear out all running apps on my Android phone and restart the Tesla app. Usually cures most ailments.
I have had to on occasion either reintroduce my phone or re enter my credentials in the car.
For sure, after every Tesla update, I check to make sure my app and my card will allow access to the car. One never knows, do one?
Sounds like a plan. I did all of those things and my car finally exists again. Woo!

My issue is fixed now, but thought I would share what happened.

Android version 12, model s10e,
Tesla app 4.20.70-1700
tesla software release 2023.12.5
2023 tesla model s

My phone lost connectivity to the car, I was receiving an "error unable to connect try again later". So I rebooted the phone, rebooted the car.. no change, uninstalled/installed the app, reset the password, it would just go back to the login screen. I would purposely enter the wrong password and it would say the login was wrong, then I would enter the login correctly and right back to the login screen, no change,
This happened Saturday 5/7, it did not mysteriously just reconnect until I signed on to the forum and I was about to post today ....BOOM it now connected??? I had to walk down to the underground garage at work to complete the connection. I used the access card to get to work.
Now what the !&*@# is this????

Has anyone experienced this before? I will look, but does Tesla have a support line for cases like this. What if I was on a road trip and did not have my access card?? :mad:

Last edited:
Updated to 4.17.5 and the app no longer connects to my Model X. Anyone else have this issue?

Samsung Galaxy S10e at version 12 of Android

EDIT: Well it's back after about an hour. Go figure. Not sure why it failed to connect before.
I just posted about this exact issue. Mine just decided to connect afteR a couple DAYS....What the hell is that?? I have the same model phone as you Android s10e