TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone app is now unable to load my iPhone's Recent Calls and Contacts [Update: fixed it]

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SammichLover, Oct 15, 2019.

1. SammichLover

SammichLover Banned

EDIT: To be clear I'm talking about the Tesla app in the car that allows you to make calls on your phone. Not the app on the phone that lets you open the car and control some of the car's features.

When I open the phone app and go to these tabs it sits there spinning saying it is preparing to load them.

I have most recent iOS 13 on an iPhone SE.

I've tried disconnecting the Bluetooth and reconnecting. I haven't tried removing my iPhone completely and then adding it back as a device again. I had misplaced my key card so couldn't add it back if I removed it. I have since found the Tesla key card but don't want to risk trying to do it during the week. Thought I'd come here first to see if anyone has seen this and has a quick fix.

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

Did you try Rebooting the car? See if the card makes any difference.

• Like x 1
  3. SammichLover

SammichLover Banned

I've tried a 3 min reboot. Didn't fix it.

Not sure what you mean by suggesting I see if the card makes a difference?

4. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

Did you check if you’ve lost those numbers on your phone, too? I lost most of my recent calls on my iPhone after I had updated to iOS 13.

5. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

I have solved this in the past by deleting my phone out of the Tesla and then repairing it.

• Informative x 1
  6. SammichLover

SammichLover Banned

It won’t load anything, it sits spinning in the initiating phase.

PS I haven’t noticed anything missing in Contacts after the update.

7. SammichLover

SammichLover Banned

I guess I just need to suck it up & go through that process now that I have my key card, again. Thanks for the info.

8. Jmstx79

Jmstx79 Member

Did repairing work? I’ve experienced the same issue recently and I don’t know if it’s because of the Tesla update or the iOS update. I haven’t re-paired my phone yet.

9. SammichLover

SammichLover Banned

I didn't have time last weekend, so haven't tried yet. I ended up with a 12-hour shift Saturday, and Sunday also busy with stuff. I might just bite the bullet tonight.

10. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Reboot your phone after IOS-13, that worked for me.

Fred

11. SammichLover

SammichLover Banned

Phone had rebooted a few times since IOS 13.

Okay, deleted and re-added my phone as a device on the car. That cleared it up.