Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: Model S iPhone/Android mobile phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This app is the most amazing thing. I'm absolutely thrilled with it! Like so much of the Model S, this is the way of the future and I'll never be able to buy/own a car without connectivity like ths again. BTW, the app handles a two Model S family beautifully. I'm able to see and interact with both cars on my app and switch back and forth seamlessly. Right now, I'm watching my husband's progress on his way into work and heating my car in the garage before driving the younglings to school. Really, really thrilled!! Thank you Tesla!!!

The app rocks! I was used to the On-Star app and I liked all of the functionality of that app. I believe this app meets nearly all of the same functionality. I guess it could all me to pre-program a destination in nav, or set an appointment with the service center, but that's it. It is FAR more responsive. Love it!

Nice app! At the moment I'm 1200 miles away from my Tesla and when I loaded the app this morning I checked in with my baby. How cool is that? Verified its still plugged in and charged, cabin temp 50 degrees located in my garage. Anything ELSE would have been a surprise indeed!!

Response times reasonable, about 2-3 seconds. I warmed up the cab inhabit, did Range charge for 5 minutes just 'cause I could, then returned all to normal.

This is a huge leap forward for owners and prospective customers. Well done Tesla!

Can anyone give me an idea of reasonable/typical data usage rate/month that the Tesla App consumes? I have zero basis for comparison.

I only use the Tesla app for very brief periods (seconds) and a few times a week. The amount of data used is inconsequential. Don't worry about it.

If you left the app open for hours the it might be significant. But there is no reason to do that.

I only use the Tesla app for very brief periods (seconds) and a few times a week. The amount of data used is inconsequential. Don't worry about it.

If you left the app open for hours the it might be significant. But there is no reason to do that.

I wouldn't be concerned. The App has very low data usage compared to most other apps. Even if you leave it open continuously, it times-out after a few minutes and data-flow ceases.