Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App v2.0 (FW v6.0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you really need to be notified when you reach x miles of charge, instead of checking the app once in a while, you could set your charge slider to that percentage and it would give you a "charging complete" message. If you wanted to charge more after that, getting the extra miles as you walk back to the car, move the charging slider to 100% and start charging again.
I don't recall having a slider when supercharging. Am I forgetting something?

I'd like to see a customizable notification for Supercharger use. Such as "notify me when I reach x miles of charge".
you will get a notification that 'charge is almost complete' when the charge level hits 80% of battery capacity at SCs (not home chargers)

Just to be perfectly clear: not 80% of what you set the charge level to....80% of the battery capacity..

If you really need to be notified when you reach x miles of charge, instead of checking the app once in a while, you could set your charge slider to that percentage and it would give you a "charging complete" message. If you wanted to charge more after that, getting the extra miles as you walk back to the car, move the charging slider to 100% and start charging again.

Unless he has an Android device, then he'd be hooped (still no charge slider on the phone app). :cursing:

I don't recall having a slider when supercharging. Am I forgetting something?
The set charging limit is always available on the charging screen both in the car and the iPhone app. It's the same whether connected to supercharger or not.

- - - Updated - - -

you will get a notification that 'charge is almost complete' when the charge level hits 80% of battery capacity at SCs (not home chargers)

Just to be perfectly clear: not 80% of what you set the charge level to....80% of the battery capacity..
Is this your experience? I haven't supercharged on version 6.0 yet, but that's not what the notification settings page of the iPhone app says.

The set charging limit is always available on the charging screen both in the car and the iPhone app. It's the same whether connected to supercharger or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this your experience? I haven't supercharged on version 6.0 yet, but that's not what the notification settings page of the iPhone app says.
Yes. This is my experience at the SC. Got the following messages during a max charge: wording may be slightly different as doing it from memory: charge started with time and miles when starting; charge almost complete when 80% of charge complete; final message with charge complete, time and mileage

When i first heard about it, the iPhone start car sounded like a really good idea. But after some more thoughts and experience with the car, I would have to say that I will still use the key fob regardless if it is going through WAN nor the password hassle. And this will only be an emergency backup. The reason: I tried to use ChargePoint App to activate the charging station in an underground garage once and guess what, there was no cell signal in the garage so I cannot recharge the car since I hated those keychain cards and never have it with me. That was a minor annoyance since I did not need to be recharged badly but imagine you parked your car in a garage without bringing the fob with you and ended up stranded in an underground garage?

Sounds like I will still use the fob 99% of the time & iPhone start car will be used as a back up or when you are at the beach or something, entering a password is a pain compared to leaving the fob in your pocket or purse, I was hoping for Touch ID type of capability at least.

Yes. This is my experience at the SC. Got the following messages during a max charge: wording may be slightly different as doing it from memory: charge started with time and miles when starting; charge almost complete when 80% of charge complete; final message with charge complete, time and mileage
That's good, it may be subtle encouragement for people to move on when they get to 80% if they don't really need a full charge, instead of waiting for those last few electrons. Even better if the message said something like charging will be really slow now.

What is meant by "Start your car?" Does that mean press the brake so the car wakes up?
Yes,and it works.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife does not care since the fob just goes in her purse, I have to carry everything in my pockets, so I'd love to carry one less thing in my front pocket.

IMHO, The fob is bulky and unnecessary at this point.
Note that both your phone and the car need a good internet connection otherwise you cannot operate the car. With the fob, you can park up anywhere and restart.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what the benefit of this is, as the car tells you when it has downloaded an update and is ready to install. It's unlikely someone would want to install an upgrade while they're away in case something goes wrong.
I think it's a great feature: if I am going out later in the day, it saves my going to the car to check for a new update (as I would want to apply at once if I can). If I wait until I get tot the car to go somewhere I will always need to delay installation.

Sounds like I will still use the fob 99% of the time & iPhone start car will be used as a back up or when you are at the beach or something, entering a password is a pain compared to leaving the fob in your pocket or purse, I was hoping for Touch ID type of capability at least.
3rd party TouchID will be in iOS 8.0, which will be deployed OTA on Wednesday.

Does anyone that have iOS 8 beta wanna try if touchid is supported by the app yet?

This would be a really great feature for iPhone users.