Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone app wont connect when car is Asleep

Flatbat

Nov 12, 2019
Melbourne
I can no longer wake my Model 3 using the phone app when it is asleep. If the car is idling (like when sentry is active) I can access it remotely with the phone app. But if is fully asleep the app cannot access it. My car is parked in a good signal area with LTE and WiFi available. Although once asleep the WiFi connection drops which is to be expected. Has anyone else had this and no how to fix it? When waking from the phone app I think the Tesla servers sends a command via the phone network to wake the car. Overseas people have reported their cars not waking was related to Tesla changing mobile carriers in their region. But they still use Telstra here so it is probably not that. Any ideas.

jason66

Aug 27, 2019
New Farm 4005
When it happened to me last year it was related to an issue with Telstra. I logged a service call with Tesla and they told me they were aware of the issue and just to wait for Telstra to resolve it.

Here is the old post

Tesla Software updates - Australia

A little workaround until they fix it.. if your Bluetooth key says connected, you can unlock/relock car and it will wake

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman

Flatbat

Nov 12, 2019
Melbourne
When it happened to me last year it was related to an issue with Telstra. I logged a service call with Tesla and they told me they were aware of the issue and just to wait for Telstra to resolve it.

Here is the old post

Tesla Software updates - Australia
Ah cheers thanks. Forgot about that discussion and even that I had participated in it back then. KRAFT disease!

A little workaround until they fix it.. if your Bluetooth key says connected, you can unlock/relock car and it will wake
Good suggestion but wouldn't work for my usage case, with my car sitting in an airport carpark for a long period and me wanting to wake it from afar. Doing so at home when BT is connected would wake the car and the household as I have honk on unlock active!

I logged the fault in the Tesla app at 6am this morning with a service appointment getting created at Brighton VIC. Got a replay back in the app mid morning saying they are investigating the issue. Within several minutes I re checked and now the car is waking reliably from deep sleep. So they must have tweaked something to get the Poke SMS thingy working again. A very pleasing result.

Reactions: paulp and jason66

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC