Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone app wont connect when car is Asleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting!
I am fascinated that your S woke/wakes every 5hrs whereas my 3LR used to be every 24hrs.
Buzzing sounds very tedious. Being an S Plaid, perhaps it is "raring to go" and "champing at the bit" and tired of all that sleeping?
Yes that is indeed interesting! My 2021 Plaid behaved the same way, for what it's worth, so this isn't new to these S cars.

Well, after 27hours my car was still asleep and did not wake up by itself.
However, the App continues to work and woke the car fine.
So that seems to be fixed for me.
On top of that, there was no change to SOC for the period, same as when there was no change after more than 4 days before.
So, at least for my car, they seem to have stopped the daily waking up and therefore greatly improving the vampire drain.
I certainly do not need the car to wake up every day.
I certainly would not want it waking up every 5hrs!!
Regds,
Dave

Well, after 27hours my car was still asleep and did not wake up by itself.
However, the App continues to work and woke the car fine.
So that seems to be fixed for me.
On top of that, there was no change to SOC for the period, same as when there was no change after more than 4 days before.
So, at least for my car, they seem to have stopped the daily waking up and therefore greatly improving the vampire drain.
I certainly do not need the car to wake up every day.
I certainly would not want it waking up every 5hrs!!
Regds,
Dave
Interesting. To be fair, mine is always plugged in so I’m not sure if it behaves differently if not plugged in…

My reformatting only fixed it for a day or two - problem is back. Or maybe it never went away - might have just caught it awake a few times. :-(
I suspect reformatting has nothing to do with the real problem.

My problem remains fixed after the software update.

I suspect that the original problem was caused after a software update and that my LTE modem probably did not restart properly. But now, after the last update it has behaved normally (as it used to) presumably because the modem restarted okay this time.

As reported elsewhere on this thread, the identical problem would be caused by a dead LTE modem or a sick SIM. But I would expect those to only be a small percentage.

There could also be a glitch in the communications between your App and the Tesla servers that do the wakeup SMS polling. So, if I was you, I'd be taking the car somewhere outside of WiFi range but with mobile reception and seeing if your LTE is working (indicating on screen and allowing you to connect to the internet). In my case, it had stopped working but I did not notice because I was just driving locally and using DAB radio and nothing much else.

Then if the LTE is working, I'd check out your networking and your phone, which are probably fine.

Then if no joy, log a service call. A full hardware reset might work but I'm not going to suggest that.

I suspect reformatting has nothing to do with the real problem.

My problem remains fixed after the software update.

I suspect that the original problem was caused after a software update and that my LTE modem probably did not restart properly. But now, after the last update it has behaved normally (as it used to) presumably because the modem restarted okay this time.

As reported elsewhere on this thread, the identical problem would be caused by a dead LTE modem or a sick SIM. But I would expect those to only be a small percentage.

There could also be a glitch in the communications between your App and the Tesla servers that do the wakeup SMS polling. So, if I was you, I'd be taking the car somewhere outside of WiFi range but with mobile reception and seeing if your LTE is working (indicating on screen and allowing you to connect to the internet). In my case, it had stopped working but I did not notice because I was just driving locally and using DAB radio and nothing much else.

Then if the LTE is working, I'd check out your networking and your phone, which are probably fine.

Then if no joy, log a service call. A full hardware reset might work but I'm not going to suggest that.
Ah so your LTE wasn’t working while driving? That’s way worse! Mine works just fine unless it’s asleep, and then I can’t connect to the car until I wake it up locally. Then I can connect via LTE and all other LTE functions work 100%.

I also have had issues of lately
Seems to be ok some days and worse others. Not very consistent st all but from what was described so far very similar behaviour. The most I waited was 10min

I logged a service call only to be told nothing was wrong. Updated app, it got better, updated to 22.35 it got worse for 1-2 days. Now seems a bit better than 2 weeks ago
My connectivity to wifi keeps dropping out. Not sure if because car goes to sleep or something else. Have to keep entering wifi pwd. Maybe time for another service call

Had MY not waking a couple times now. Even open car door app won't connect. Both times did reboot and problem disappeared for few weeks anyway. If keeps happening I'll log service call