Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Apps? New to Tesla with Refresh Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm new to Tesla and EV's in general with my recent purchase of an LR Model S. What phone apps (besides the Tesla app) are "must have" and why? Thanks for your time and help!
The only phone app that I've ever used for the past 9 years since 2012 for 3 different Tesla cars is "Tesla" for android.

If you have an Apple watch, then I imagine it would be nice to get an app for that watch but I haven't used a watch ever since I discovered that I can use my cell phone as a watch and a calculator as well.

Reactions: BobbyRitz
So I'm new to Tesla and EV's in general with my recent purchase of an LR Model S. What phone apps (besides the Tesla app) are "must have" and why? Thanks for your time and help!
The two biggies for me are
Plugshare for finding the closest charger while I'm out and about. It lets you see what experience others have had at different locations. Also really good for see what is around the superchargers.
and
ABetterRoutePlanner for one of the best route planners. This does waypoints, setting arrival charge levels and all sorts of stuff. Well worth it.
Both have web site versions as well

You do not need any, but I strongly recommend PlugShare if you need to search for charging.

If you like more info on the car at the expense of polling the car there are a few out there that are cool.

if you do a lot of trips, there is a better route planner (and a few others) that can be helpful.

The only phone app that I've ever used for the past 9 years since 2012 for 3 different Tesla cars is "Tesla" for android.

If you have an Apple watch, then I imagine it would be nice to get an app for that watch but I haven't used a watch ever since I discovered that I can use my cell phone as a watch and a calculator as well.
I ask because I keep seeing the Optiwatt app ads. I see them so frequently that I thought it couldn't be completely useful. Figured it was someone trying to make a few bucks. 😊

@Twiglett @brkaus I just downloaded Plugshare. Thanks! I live in the middle of nowhere and there's a charger 2 miles from my house. I never knew and I've been to that building countless times! It might come in handy as my S was supposed to be delivered in December, but arrived last week. My electrician isn't installing the wall connector until 9/16. 🙄😂

@Twiglett @brkaus I just downloaded Plugshare. Thanks! I live in the middle of nowhere and there's a charger 2 miles from my house. I never knew and I've been to that building countless times! It might come in handy as my S was supposed to be delivered in December, but arrived last week. My electrician isn't installing the wall connector until 9/16. 🙄😂
you should be OK just with 110v charging - I think I survived almost two months using that :D
That kinda depends on how many miles you do each day. May need to top up every so often.