Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Call Echo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past week or so, people on the other end of my calls have been saying they hear a lot of echo. Enough to make a conversation impossible. I have tried recalling, them recalling, calling different phones, and none seem to work. I am on 18.18.3 but the problem started before this. I do not hear echo but their voice seems to cut out a lot on my end. My connectivity usually shows "all bars".

Anyone else have similar issues or have any troubleshooting ideas? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Thanks.

I haven't experienced the problem again since posting this a couple weeks ago. Hopefully it has worked itself out. During one of the "echo calls" I took phone off Bluetooth and continued the call on speaker phone and the echo was removed - so it looks like a car related issue and not the phone.

95% of the time it works great and clarity is outstanding.

I've experienced the same issue twice now this week. I have an iPhone X and have had no problems up until this point.

What's interesting is the first time I experienced it, I took a phone call and was hearing myself echo. The second time, I made a phone call and the person on the other end was hearing the echo.

When switching the call off from bluetooth, and to the phone's speaker, the echo ceased...so there's definitely something going on.

Reactions: MarkinArch
I've experienced the same issue twice now this week. I have an iPhone X and have had no problems up until this point.

What's interesting is the first time I experienced it, I took a phone call and was hearing myself echo. The second time, I made a phone call and the person on the other end was hearing the echo.

When switching the call off from bluetooth, and to the phone's speaker, the echo ceased...so there's definitely something going on.

This is my experience as well, when removing phone from Bluetooth and using the speaker straight from the phone, no more echo. Maybe it is time to send an email to Tesla....

For the past week or so, people on the other end of my calls have been saying they hear a lot of echo. Enough to make a conversation impossible. I have tried recalling, them recalling, calling different phones, and none seem to work. I am on 18.18.3 but the problem started before this. I do not hear echo but their voice seems to cut out a lot on my end. My connectivity usually shows "all bars".

Anyone else have similar issues or have any troubleshooting ideas? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Thanks.
This is my experience as well, when removing phone from Bluetooth and using the speaker straight from the phone, no more echo. Maybe it is time to send an email to Tesla....

Same problem with new Model X (delivered last week) and iPhone X, the caller complains of feedback of their voice. I have to turn the volume down to 4 to stop the echo, which makes it hard to hear them. I had to take my MX in for service and asked the service manager and he stated they’re aware and engineering is working on it. This is not a problem on my Model S. Let’s see how long it takes them to fix it. If it becomes a prolific issue for everyone, they’ll be swamped with complaints.

• Informative
I have been dealing with this same problem on my 2018 Model X for the past couple of weeks. I hear the caller fine but on the other end they complain there is an echo and they can hear their own voice. It happens with every single caller no matter if they are on a land line or a cell. I just picked my car up after a week of being in Tesla Service for this problem and the echo is still there. I even went out and upgraded my iPhone form a 7 to a X thinking that might help. No dice. We also just bought a model 3 and it is having the same problem. I was told Tesla engineers are aware and they are working on it....I feel like this happened after a firmware update. Anyway, to date they have not been able to resolve the issue and I am taking on headphones when driving :(. Not too happy since I purchased both Tesla's this year.

• Informative
Same issue here. Model S, delivered on June 2, used with an iPhone X. I have an Apple Watch, but airplane mode as been on this week. The first time it echoed on my end; since it has echoed on the other party's end. I'm stuck using my AirPods in the car . . . fine, but not ideal, especially when someone calls when I'm driving and I don't have the AirPods in my ears. I hope they come up with a fix.