Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Call Echo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another data point: On 2018.21.9. Using iPhone X and have had regular problems with callers hearing echos on their end (no echo on my end). Same complaint from a caller this afternoon, so I decided to try turning off my Apple Watch (Series 1) as a few others in this thread have suggested. Echo disappeared.

So, a new bit of info... My daughter just got her Model 3 this past weekend. During the delivery we found a bit of cosmetic stuff that needed detailing, so they sent the car off to get detailed while we had lunch. While they were at it, they also updated the software, though I do not know what version it got.

During her drive home she called me from the car (phone and car were linked by BT). Both her phone and mine are Google Pixel 2, and I definitely heard the echo. Her sister also reported the same (her phone is a Samsung of some sort) from an earlier call. But the new data point: During our call (about 10-11 minutes in), the echo stopped. She did nothing. I did nothing. It stopped on its own.

A few moments before I realized that it had stopped, I remember hearing a small "beep" of some kind. Could have been a notification on one of our phones, or the car, but she didn't remember hearing it. Might be related, or not; I can't say. She was also driving, though not moving much (the call was about being stuck in traffic), so I suppose she could have just switched cell towers. Can't really tell. Anyway, bottom line is that the echo can resolve itself. We just don't know triggered that resolution.

Same here, iPhone 8 Plus
Happens about 90% of the time since I got the car in March.
As with others, switching to phones speaker stops echo.
Service Center looked at this back in April for me and had no solution.
I’ll believe they have an update to fix this when I see it.

I have this issue as well, turning off my phone and turning it on again seems to work for me, although it did happen again today, restarting my phone fixed it again. You may want to try that until Tesla rolls out an update to your car.

I found that on my iPhone X the solution is to DISABLE 'Phone Noise Cancellation'

On the iPhone. .... Settings-->General-->Accessibility--> Phone Noise Cancellation ..... Toggle this option to OFF.

Callers now confirm to me that they no longer hear the echo.... Hopefully this issue is fixed in iOS12

I am on Tesla 2018.24.7.... Apple iOS 11.4

iOS 11.4.1 was just released but i have not had a chance to install

• Informative
Reactions: MarkinArch
I found that on my iPhone X the solution is to DISABLE 'Phone Noise Cancellation'

On the iPhone. .... Settings-->General-->Accessibility--> Phone Noise Cancellation ..... Toggle this option to OFF.

Callers now confirm to me that they no longer hear the echo.... Hopefully this issue is fixed in iOS12

I am on Tesla 2018.24.7.... Apple iOS 11.4

iOS 11.4.1 was just released but i have not had a chance to install
Lol this is not a solution. A solution means it fixes the problem permanently for everybody. Just because you're not observing the same symptoms does not lead to the conclusion that it's the solution. I've disabled the noise cancelation and I still observe the same effects

I'm on 2018.24.7 and sporadically get the echo on the other end. It happens more a) when my wife calls me while I'm in the TM3 (not the other way around), and b) when either of us made a call quickly after getting in/starting the car. Really hoping the next update fixes it.